No medical this time for license renewal

Convicted Driver Insurance

Thechief5

Today I received another temporary license through the post, valid for 12 months. I was a HRO and my previous one had just run out. The lady I spoke to on the phone said the next stage was to attend a medical. However, today I received another license based on my questionnaire and the input of my GP. I am unsure why this is, but thought I'd share as maybe the DVLA are bypassing the medical for some people in order to speed up the process and get back on track, and at the very least it does show that they are working and processing applications. I am not considered a key worker.

Providing you had the written support of your GP, I am pleased to see that DVLA are using common sense instead of insisting on a medical/

Today I received another temporary license through the post, valid for 12 months. I was a HRO and my previous one had just run out. The lady I spoke to on the phone said the next stage was to attend a medical. However, today I received another license based on my questionnaire and the input of my GP. I am unsure why this is, but thought I'd share as maybe the DVLA are bypassing the medical for some people in order to speed up the process and get back on track, and at the very least it does show that they are working and processing applications. I am not considered a key worker.
Do you think it's worth sending my application in.i was banned for drug driving am my ban ends in 3 weeks

Providing you had the written support of your GP, I am pleased to see that DVLA are using common sense instead of insisting on a medical/

I agree. It’s refreshing! Also, I did attend and have a voluntary liver function test in January. It’s definitely worth doing that. I’ve seen others advise that on here. It gives your GP something positive to say, rather than saying they haven’t seen you for 12 months

I agree. It’s refreshing! Also, I did attend and have a voluntary liver function test in January. It’s definitely worth doing that. I’ve seen others advise that on here. It gives your GP something positive to say, rather than saying they haven’t seen you for 12 months
I just spoken to the dvla and I don't need a medical so that's something.

That's very interesting so their changing the Section 88 goal posts. Iam getting on to them after their "holiday weekend" I've got private lft's GP history Including lft's and Private CDT tests with affidavit for NHS taking the sample, good fir you but I was due back license end of Feb!!

That's very interesting so their changing the Section 88 goal posts. Iam getting on to them after their "holiday weekend" I've got private lft's GP history Including lft's and Private CDT tests with affidavit for NHS taking the sample, good fir you but I was due back license end of Feb!!

They aren’t changing the goal posts for section 88. If you are applying for the return of your license following a ban (and haven’t had one that has run out) you will be required to take a dvla approved medical, I believe. I agree though if you have your results privately and a good report from your gp they should certainly show more common sense!

They aren’t changing the goal posts for section 88. If you are applying for the return of your license following a ban (and haven’t had one that has run out) you will be required to take a dvla approved medical, I believe. I agree though if you have your results privately and a good report from your gp they should certainly show more common sense!
OK appreciate that but I've never been banned.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off