New Wales Lockdown

Convicted Driver Insurance

C J 1980

Established Member
Afternoon

I've just been reading that Wales is set to go into a Firebreaker lockdown from Friday 23rd October until Monday 9th November.

Does anyone know if this is likely to affect the DVLA? I believe the DVLA staff have been dragging their feet since the whole country went into the original lockdown in March.

I am presently waiting on news of attending my HRO medical as my ban comes to an end in December. The news about what is happening in Wales is not promising.

If anyone has any guidance about this, it would be much appreciated.

Regards

CJ

Afternoon

I've just been reading that Wales is set to go into a Firebreaker lockdown from Friday 23rd October until Monday 9th November.

Does anyone know if this is likely to affect the DVLA? I believe the DVLA staff have been dragging their feet since the whole country went into the original lockdown in March.

I am presently waiting on news of attending my HRO medical as my ban comes to an end in December. The news about what is happening in Wales is not promising.

If anyone has any guidance about this, it would be much appreciated.

Regards

CJ

I believe there are classed as critical workers (not key) and this category is not being closed, although, they will probably have reduced staff in their office.

Thanks for the replies.

Reading between the lines - I take it their working situation has not changed since March then?

I was lead to believe that DVLA staff were not allowed to work remotely because of the issue with Data Protection - having access to personal & sensitive information outside the DVLA building was a no-no.

CJ

I got my licence back in a week from posting
This was last week but I’m not HRO
I had been told there was a backlog in certain departments

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off