new insurance after ban

Convicted Driver Insurance

asdral

A relative has just got his licence back and is looking to get a new car. Just out of interest for insurance purposes- when answering 'licence held for' on the online insurance quotes will it be the 12+ years or 2 months
Its just his quotes are double if he uses the reaquired age of the licence (£1471) as opposed to the total years driving (£771). I was hoping that the cost would have been more because I am not sure he has learned his lesson and am worried next time he will not be so lucky as he only damaged the car and broke his leg. The Dr had signed off him getting his licence back as he is over 70 but he in my opinion should not have. Just need to now if I should inform the DVLA He has continued to drink to excess since his ban and shows no sign of stopping if he gets his car.

I see so many sorry drivers and friends/relatives here that someeone may give me the information I ned. A £1400 insuranc may sway him not to get the car- should I just phone an insurance company?

As far as I am aware you tell the insurance company the total time you have had a licence not just since the ban

"38 days to go and counting"

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off