New evidence to dvla after mistake on gp questionnaire

Convicted Driver Insurance

mazpaz

May i please ask you a question ...i am new to the group.

I went to apply for my licence back last december but was refused as doctors medical report stated id been admitted to hospital with an alcohol related fit in the beginning of August. DVLA requested 12 abstinence as my doctor had ticked i was dependent. I have had regular lft tests since August. My doctor has written to the dvla stating ive not drank since August. He has also sent them another letter saying their was a mistake on the questionnaire and the doctor that ticked it should have stated not dependent.

My admittance was from a fit but it was not alcohol related .... my doctor has informed dvla that i did not have withdrawals. I have requested my hospital notes and they only mentioned alcohol on discharge letter because when my mum phoned she said it was alchohol (which it wasnt.) My doctor is happy to state this on the next questionnaire and is fully behind me and supportive of me. I have submitted this as new evidence.

I am now gettin ready to apply for my licence again as it states 90 days before.

Sorry this is so long winded im just wandering if you had any advice....i dont want depence on my record with them.

Thank you in advance

Hi Mazpaz

The DVLA seem to be generally cautious about granting a license to someone who has had a fit, regardless of the circumstances. From what I understand they ask for 6-12 months free of further fits after the first one was reported to the DVLA, and usually 12 months. Any suggestion of alcohol involvement, rightly or wrongly, will ring alarm bells for them.
It does seem that you are coming up to a year since you had your fit, and that your GP logged a sobriety date in August, so maybe you will be ok, or they could say they need you to apply for your license once your 12 month sobriety has been completed
Good luck anyway, and let us know how you get on
Kind regards Jane

Hi Mazpaz

The DVLA seem to be generally cautious about granting a license to someone who has had a fit, regardless of the circumstances. From what I understand they ask for 6-12 months free of further fits after the first one was reported to the DVLA, and usually 12 months. Any suggestion of alcohol involvement, rightly or wrongly, will ring alarm bells for them.
It does seem that you are coming up to a year since you had your fit, and that your GP logged a sobriety date in August, so maybe you will be ok, or they could say they need you to apply for your license once your 12 month sobriety has been completed
Good luck anyway, and let us know how you get on
Kind regards Jane
Thank you so much I will do xx

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off