Need some advice please

Convicted Driver Insurance

5stargeneral

Hi there, so today I was driving along with my mum on the way for a meal with my gf her sister her bf and me and my mum, we dropped the car off and was picked up, when we was out I had an app pop up to say that my car alarm was going off and Collison, we then got drove back to the car to find the police there who arrested me for driving while disqualified ( even though I was not behind the wheel or have the keys when I arrived back) They claimed the car is in my name when it is my mothers Motobilty and it’s in her name, they then had the car seized, even though I was not behind the wheel and my mother saying she was driving, they then de arrested me and said I would need to come down for a interview as they was busy, what does this mean like what will happen I’m confused..... thank you

If there is no evidence of you being behind the wheel, it is likely that nothing will proceed. However, if there is a witness or other evidence that you were driving, then they will prosecute you for possibly driving whilst disqualified and driving without insurance. If you weren't driving, there will be no evidence such as cctv or a witness, therefore you are ok.

Who knows if they have solid proof or not?
presumably you will find out when you are interviewed.
If you risk driving your mums motobility car again whilst disqualified and no insurance you will find that the scheme will order her to surrender the vehicle.
If you value your mum getting about, dont do it again!

Who knows if they have solid proof or not?
presumably you will find out when you are interviewed.
If you risk driving your mums motobility car again whilst disqualified and no insurance you will find that the scheme will order her to surrender the vehicle.
If you value your mum getting about, dont do it again!
I had an interview this morning and I haven’t been charged they said they will let me know? I take it that’s a good thing then if they didn’t charge me there or arrest me in the police station, I was not pulled up in the car behind the wheel or anything and all they said was an allegation that a male was driving the vehicle it’s word for word and I can get witness statements to say I was not driving at the time, in the interview the officer was asking me to admit what I done to save my mum the stress and I said no he said am I sure I said yes I was not driving and my mum will confirm it in court, he then said okay, I don’t think they have solid proof otherwise I would of been charged already ??

You can get witness statements to say you were not driving, but in your first post you admit you were driving?

That is different.
I think unless they do find some cctv evidence to the contrary then there will be no further action.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off