Need help!!! Drug driving (Cannabis) Second Offence SERIOUSLY STRESSED

Convicted Driver Insurance

Shah96

Hi Guys,

Im new to the forum although ive been snooping on here a few years ago and been snooping around recently as you can tell. Soo gutted i am facing my second drug driving conviction. I know this is a drink driving forum but ive figured sentancing can be fairly similar. So ive been caught out the second time and have read sentancing guidelines only about a thousand times, however my case is abit complicated.

Ive already been sentanced once on my first offense where I was caught doing 70 in a 50 zone the officer could smell canabis and saliva swabbed me which then lead to being arrested, taken to the station and having my blood sampled. So two offences there I was given a 16month driving ban. Since then 12 months into the 16month ban i had been caught behind the wheel (I know which makes it worse) which had my 16 month ban extended by a further 12 months, 180 hours community service and 12 month probation.

Since april 2019 Ive had my license back and since then been driving but to get caught again on 1st October 2019. Ive got my court hearing in two weeks and soo scared honestly as to what the outcomes will be. Since losing my license the first time I had been soo depressed, lost my livelihood, lost out on means to earning money as I used to be a crash car restore man (self employed) got into a lot of debt taking out loans some of which I am still paying back today.

Ive recently got back into doing cars once granted my license back but now Im losing it ive stopped again but managed to get a full time job as a bookings administrator for a repair company. I just want some views, opinions, past experiences even if it is drink driving and the outcomes. I know many of yous here have only been done for a first offence with somewhat clean licenses compared to me but are there anyone out there whos been done a second time?

Please help

Drug driving has not caught up fully with drink driving offences, where in the same circumstances you face a mandatory 3 year ban (or more)
BUT
guidance has been issued by the sentencing council which largely mirrors the mandatory elements of drink driving, and it is recommended that magistrates impose a 3 year ban in the circumstances you have described. (Can be more)
Sadly for you there is, at present, no formal rehabilitation course that offers up to 25% off the ban for drug driving.

Hi Price1366,

Thanks for taking your time to reply. I understand there are some elements which are similar and some which are different. I’m just really scared that courts will see the offender and completely alienate the offence for the worst as the drug is illegal itself which makes it look bad than it already is.

I’m really hoping for the minimum 3 year ban but not very hopeful at the same time due to my previous offences. It really sucks there’s no courses offered and fear my chances of making an appeal for reduction being successful after two years are slim due to my previous. Just so gutted had a lot planned ahead and was finally getting myself out of debt and now just back in the same mess again.

Anyone else on here had any other driving previous’s whilst facing there second drink drive/drug drive conviction? Would really help so I know what to be prepared for.

2019 was the start of what was meant to be a good year but turned out to be the worst. I’ve buiried family members close to me which probably why I chose to smoke to help with the grief. I’ve alwas had depression but always scared to get it diagnosed to be dependant on pills. Lost my means to earn money but by the grace of god I’ve managed to get a full time job (not the best paying) but something to keep my mind off things, they don’t even know yet what I’m about to be faced with.

I drive to work but train stations are nearby etc, my dad is disabled he used to rely on me for appointment drops before my first ban and after they ended :(

Got a solicitor but want to know before I go in for my first appointment to prepare for mitigation

Hi Guys,

Im new to the forum although ive been snooping on here a few years ago and been snooping around recently as you can tell. Soo gutted i am facing my second drug driving conviction. I know this is a drink driving forum but ive figured sentancing can be fairly similar. So ive been caught out the second time and have read sentancing guidelines only about a thousand times, however my case is abit complicated.

Ive already been sentanced once on my first offense where I was caught doing 70 in a 50 zone the officer could smell canabis and saliva swabbed me which then lead to being arrested, taken to the station and having my blood sampled. So two offences there I was given a 16month driving ban. Since then 12 months into the 16month ban i had been caught behind the wheel (I know which makes it worse) which had my 16 month ban extended by a further 12 months, 180 hours community service and 12 month probation.

Since april 2019 Ive had my license back and since then been driving but to get caught again on 1st October 2019. Ive got my court hearing in two weeks and soo scared honestly as to what the outcomes will be. Since losing my license the first time I had been soo depressed, lost my livelihood, lost out on means to earning money as I used to be a crash car restore man (self employed) got into a lot of debt taking out loans some of which I am still paying back today.

Ive recently got back into doing cars once granted my license back but now Im losing it ive stopped again but managed to get a full time job as a bookings administrator for a repair company. I just want some views, opinions, past experiences even if it is drink driving and the outcomes. I know many of yous here have only been done for a first offence with somewhat clean licenses compared to me but are there anyone out there whos been done a second time?

Please help
Hi mate how did you get on in the end? As I was caught back in September 2019 and November 2019. Got my 1st 12 month ban but 2 months of for the 1st offence. And going to court end of August for my 2nd offence. All with the same drug driving offence and was 16 micrograms over. Only thing i have in my defence was of it went to court with the 1st offence sooner then I would of known cannabis stays in your bloods for 48 hours.

How did you both get on.
Im up for my first refusal but 2nd offence as I failed around 7 years ago.

Damn some of you got lucky. I got 20minths for my first ban.

48h is bs is minimum 28 days fir cannabis to come out your system. Its bs as we know we can drive 2 days after beer but no idea with weed. Im pretty sure youl fail even if your around it.

Drug driving is way worser then alcahol, I know yea unreal but yea no courses offered for reduction or nothing and much easier. They arres more people for cannabis now then alcahol as its zero tolerance which is bs. This law needs to be changed asap.

I notice your getting hurrased like me. Its because you insure or register your car in your name and your name will have a tag for drug driving so when they stop you, they will swab you just because you got previous. Dont see how thats fair as they will stop you unlawfully and do this.

Most cops ive met dont agree with it and say its scummy way to do people but ive noticed theres always a drug fop on that will do anyone and everyone.

Im kind if sick of doing them and got some health probs so refused this 1 thinking covid and my health may helo. We will see.

Think I stikl face the 3 year min but nice to read it can be lesser but when I got 20 for first offence think im get longer aha and im run trial so wish me luck.

Well as just drive round in 200 quid cars with no insurance or nothing as you get a few points for that.

How did you both get on.

48h is bs is minimum 28 days fir cannabis to come out your system. Its bs as we know we can drive 2 days after beer but no idea with weed. Im pretty sure youl fail even if your around it.

Drug driving is way worser then alcahol, I know yea unreal but yea no courses offered for reduction or nothing and much easier. They arres more people for cannabis now then alcahol as its zero tolerance which is bs. This law needs to be changed asap.

I notice your getting hurrased like me. Its because you insure or register your car in your name and your name will have a tag for drug driving so when they stop you, they will swab you just because you got previous. Dont see how thats fair as they will stop you unlawfully and do this.

Most cops ive met dont agree with it and say its scummy way to do people but ive noticed theres always a drug fop on that will do anyone and everyone.

Im kind if sick of doing them and got some health probs so refused this 1 thinking covid and my health may helo. We will see.

Think I stikl face the 3 year min but nice to read it can be lesser but when I got 20 for first offence think im get longer aha and im run trial so wish me luck.

Well as just drive round in 200 quid cars with no insurance or nothing as you get a few points for that.

"Well as just drive round in 200 quid cars with no insurance or nothing as you get a few points for that."

Wise words indeed Ricky..........

"Well as just drive round in 200 quid cars with no insurance or nothing as you get a few points for that."

Absolutely disgusting!!! I suggest you get some help for your drugging problem and leave the car alone for now....you wouldn’t only get a few points if you kill someone 😡

If we all took that attitude fella what mess would we be in.i suggest you change your mindset for everyone's safety

How did you both get on.

8h is bs is minimum 28 days fir cannabis to come out your system. Its bs as we know we can drive 2 days after beer but no idea with weed. Im pretty sure youl fail even if your around it.

Claims to be "harassed" by the police; you are a convicted drug driver and that's not harassment it's road safety.

"Might as well drive round in a 200 quid car with no insurance," - you don't understand the jail term you will get killing someone in an uninsured car?

Says drug driving laws need to be changed. Why don't you change? Our limits are the same as the legal states in the US, Canada and Holland. If they're that low in tolerant areas they aren't changing here.

You've already been banned once, here you are about to be banned again. Have no doubt you will be banned based on what you've posted on this forum, fear of covid won't even be listened to by a judge. An upcoming medical procedure won't be considered because you weren't shielding... You were out in your car. Either change and keep driving, or don't change and hand your licence in because you're a danger to the road. Also your second ban will be 3 years minimum, if you plead not guilty and mount a bullshit defence instead of taking responsibility for your own actions you'll find yourself much closer to the 4/5 year mark.

Last edited:
Claims to be "harassed" by the police; you are a convicted drug driver and that's not harassment it's road safety.

"Might as well drive round in a 200 quid car with no insurance," you don't understand the jail term you will get killing someone in an uninsured car?

Says drug driving laws need to be changed. Why don't you change? Our limits are the same as the legal states in the US, Canada and Holland. If they're that low in tolerant areas they aren't changing here.

You've already been banned once, here you are about to be banned again. Have no doubt you will be banned based on what you've posted on this forum, fear of covid won't even be listened to by a judge. An upcoming medical procedure won't be considered because you weren't shielding... You were out in your car. Either change and keep driving, or don't change and hand your licence in because you're a danger to the road. Also your second ban will be 3 years minimum, if you plead not guilty and mount a bullshit defence instead of taking responsibility for your own actiona you'll find yourself much closer to the 4/5 year mark.
He proberley does understand gricey he just doesn't give a damm.and the longer he's banned the better he's not learned his lesson unfortunally he may injury somebody some day.

He proberley does understand gricey he just doesn't give a damm.and the longer he's banned the better he's not learned his lesson unfortunally he may injury somebody some day.
If ever there was a case for a lifetime driving ban I think this clown fits the bill perfectly.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off