my son & drug driving offence

Convicted Driver Insurance

mrchris

Hello all.
My son has been stopped and charged with 'drug driving' I only just found out he was trying to keep it to himself. Court date in Nov. The police have done everything by the book, roadside check, then back to station 30 min drive away, blood test by nurse and positive result - cannabis 14 ug/l. Is there anything we can do to avoid a ban? Its his first offence of any kind, hes 19yo, a good lad, he has a good job, clean DBS etc etc. Its such a shame that a stupid mistake will have such lasting implications.
Its an all to common story I know, but just thought I'd ask...

Good afternoon,

The starting point for sentencing is a minimum mandatory 12 months driving disqualification and a fine, but the sentence can be increased dependent on the blood reading. The legal limit for cannabis is 2mg, your son's reading is very high in comparison to the limit.

The only possible way to look to try and save your son's licence is run a trial and to challenge the reliability of the blood sample and questioning the way in which the procedure was conducted by the officers at the police station.

Would it help if I arrange for one of my team to give you a call to discuss this further?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off