My HRO medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

kiwirob

Hello all,

I have been driving on a cover note for a couple of months while the DVLA attempt to process my paperwork after an 18 month ban. I have just today had my HRO medical appointment. I had my liver function tested privately last year, and met the DVLA standards for the 4 blood enzyme markers they look for. (I passed 2 of them only just though). I know that in a couple of days I will be able to call the doctors and ask them the results, but I'm understandably anxious, and a little nervous of a "we regret to inform you" letter in a few weeks time.

As there was nothing in my questionnaire answers to otherwise raise concern, I know that I can have 1 high reading and still pass. I'm not a full-blown alcoholic but obviously am a heavier drinker than average to make it into the HRO category on a first offence. I stopped drinking 3.5 weeks before today's test. Does anyone know what happens if I fail (ie. if I have 2 or more high readings)? Can I have a re-test at a different doctor, or require the DVLA to use a different clinic for analysis? Or will I effectively be banned again for 6 months before another test? The paperwork says that DVLA decisions can be contested in a magistrates's court, but what grounds can their decisions be contested on? Anyone?

Thanks,

Rob

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off