Missed my drink driving course

Convicted Driver Insurance

Shane1995

Hi all

So today I missed my drink driving course because my alarm didn’t go off this morning or the volume was low.

I am looking at my papers and I have till April 2023 to complete a satisfactory approved course. My question is can I go for any drink driving course or do I have to go with the one provided? as I want to rebook this asap before my time is up.

Also because I missed the course today does this mean my sentence won’t be reduced or will it because I still have until April? Just want to be sure on this

You can go with any provider, just contact the provider you would like and explain the situation.

As long as you complete a course by the date provided & DVLA are notified of this then you will receive the reduction in disqualification.

Hi all

So today I missed my drink driving course because my alarm didn’t go off this morning or the volume was low.

I am looking at my papers and I have till April 2023 to complete a satisfactory approved course. My question is can I go for any drink driving course or do I have to go with the one provided? as I want to rebook this asap before my time is up.

Also because I missed the course today does this mean my sentence won’t be reduced or will it because I still have until April? Just want to be sure on this
It may be that you do not get refunded for the missed course. You need to speak to the provider. Perhaps Covid may be the reason rather than sleeping in?? Seems to get people off a lot of things at the moment!

When I did my own DD course in May/June 2019 it was done over three consecutive Saturdays. On the second Saturday, a bloke turned up for the course who had got his dates mixed up and should have come the week before.

The Course Organiser/Teacher (whatever you want to call him!), told the bloke he could potentially reschedule for another course at a later date, provided it was within his court time limit.

I can only speak for TTC who was my DD course provider - if people make genuine errors or turn up late because of things outside their control (like late running buses or trains on strike) then they will help candidates make alternative plans.

Good luck.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off