Medical

Convicted Driver Insurance

Dazpara1

Would 3 weeks dry be enough to pass the medical it's on the 20th December my last heavy drinking session was on the 28th November

Would 3 weeks dry be enough to pass the medical it's on the 20th December my last heavy drinking session was on the 28th November
I would think that as you have only 15 days to your medical, I would try and find the best excuse to rearrange your appointment for the New Year and stop drinking as of now.The % cdt test reading is strictly adhered to by the DVLA. This is your opportunity to get your license back, don’t lose it.

It may depend on if your ‘last heavy drinking session’ was a rare event. A one off binge could raise your CDT score for 2 weeks or so, but if that is the latest of regular heavy drinking then no, 3 weeks would not be long enough.

You have to remember that passing the medical is not just getting a low CDT score. (And how low you need to score may depend on your breath reading when you were convicted and anything else DVLA know about you, such as a previous drink drive conviction) There is also a questionnaire and possibly enquiries with your GP about your medical history in the past 6 years.

I would think that as you have only 15 days to your medical, I would try and find the best excuse to rearrange your appointment for the New Year and stop drinking as of now.The % cdt test reading is strictly adhered to by the DVLA. This is your opportunity to get your license back, don’t lose it.
I failed the last one with 2.6 After 2 weeks sober aswell but that was in the first lockdown of constantly drinking through out out the summer . I got banned for a further 6 months for failing the medical

My last drink was on the 28th November

I had 5 weeks sober and done arduous cardio everyday for a course then had a few on weekends last heavy drinking sessions was week ago and weekend before
You have no chance of passing that in my view. You seem to have a gun ho approach towards getting your licence back sorry to be blunt but that is how it seems. A reading of 2.6 is very high after 2 weeks sober so it should show you a longer period is required min (4-6 weeks) the latter i suggest. They ask you when you last had a drink on the forms as you will know so that will be a red flag.

I had 5 weeks sober and done arduous cardio everyday for a course then had a few on weekends last heavy drinking sessions was week ago and weekend before
does seem like you have got your priorities wrong with the medical coming up. I agree that you should look to put the medical back, but will you ‘relapse’ over Christmas?
Even if you do go ahead with the medical, be advised that if you do drink over Christmas and the new year, it is not unknown for the blood sample to be no good and you get another letter saying you have to provide another one……

does seem like you have got your priorities wrong with the medical coming up. I agree that you should look to put the medical back, but will you ‘relapse’ over Christmas?
Even if you do go ahead with the medical, be advised that if you do drink over Christmas and the new year, it is not unknown for the blood sample to be no good and you get another letter saying you have to provide another one……
Am trying to be realistic the job I do anyway is the culture just asking for advice I exercise everyday i drink at least 3 litres, of water a day am not here to be judged just advice will do will I stay sober over Xmas the answer is probably no. But I have seen threads that have passed this medical with 3 weeks gallons of water and exercise. Thanks for the reply anyway 👍

You have no chance of passing that in my view. You seem to have a gun ho approach towards getting your licence back sorry to be blunt but that is how it seems. A reading of 2.6 is very high after 2 weeks sober so it should show you a longer period is required min (4-6 weeks) the latter i suggest. They ask you when you last had a drink on the forms as you will know so that will be a red flag.
11 days it was to be exact that was after the first lockdown summer of 2020. so hit it pretty hard all through summer that's why the reading was so high. This time I took a back step and took the drinking to weekends not everyday not had a drink since the 28th November

11 days it was to be exact that was after the first lockdown summer of 2020. so hit it pretty hard all through summer that's why the reading was so high. This time I took a back step and took the drinking to weekends not everyday not had a drink since the 28th November
You are not going to get your licence back pal its that simple. They ask when you had your last drink and lying to the DVLA is not the thing to do and believe me nobody on here is judging you we have all been where you are. 28th Nov is 1 week today your body will need at least 4-6 weeks clear of alcohol and as you put it you will have a drink over Xmas so why bother having a medical

You are not going to get your licence back pal its that simple. They ask when you had your last drink and lying to the DVLA is not the thing to do and believe me nobody on here is judging you we have all been where you are. 28th Nov is 1 week today your body will need at least 4-6 weeks clear of alcohol and as you put it you will have a drink over Xmas so why bother having a medical
Cheers for the advice I'll take it onboard

Am trying to be realistic the job I do anyway is the culture just asking for advice I exercise everyday i drink at least 3 litres, of water a day am not here to be judged just advice will do will I stay sober over Xmas the answer is probably no. But I have seen threads that have passed this medical with 3 weeks gallons of water and exercise. Thanks for the reply anyway 👍
Please don’t think we are judging you, just trying to give honest views about what people have to do to pass the test.

You might feel better if everyone said “don’t worry, it will be fine….. have a lovely Christmas with a few drinks, the sytem is wrong and unfair……” but that would not give you a realistic view of what you face.
Many people on here have gone through what you are facing (thankfully not me) and are prepared to give advice and share experiences to help others.

Not judgement but advice - 300 gallons of water and a run round the block is not going to reduce your CDT level. The only thing that will is abstinence from alcohol for a period of time.

If you can't abstain, then without doubt you are alcohol dependent and should not get a licence back. You are already classed as an alcohol abuser with DVLA, they will therefore be more stringent on their checks. If your CDT level does not match with what you say you drink on the medical questionnaire, they are more likely to demand a further 12 months of total abstinence with proof before considering reissuing your licence.

You need to make your mind up, do you WANT a drink but NEED your licence, or do you NEED a drink and WANT your licence?

Not judgement but advice - 300 gallons of water and a run round the block is not going to reduce your CDT level. The only thing that will is abstinence from alcohol for a period of time.

If you can't abstain, then without doubt you are alcohol dependent and should not get a licence back. You are already classed as an alcohol abuser with DVLA, they will therefore be more stringent on their checks. If your CDT level does not match with what you say you drink on the medical questionnaire, they are more likely to demand a further 12 months of total abstinence with proof before considering reissuing your licence.

You need to make your mind up, do you WANT a drink but NEED your licence, or do you NEED a drink and WANT your licence?

I failed the last one with 2.6 After 2 weeks sober aswell but that was in the first lockdown of constantly drinking through out out the summer . I got banned for a further 6 months for failing the medical
Hi there, I also failed the medical at 2.5. Can I ask how long ago your medical was? Lots of advice on here suggests you have to get your GP involved as they will want to see clear evidence of no drinking or controlled drinking before they will consider a further application in 6 months time.

Hi there, I also failed the medical at 2.5. Can I ask how long ago your medical was? Lots of advice on here suggests you have to get your GP involved as they will want to see clear evidence of no drinking or controlled drinking before they will consider a further application in 6 months time.
last year it was in november banned for anouthere 6 months i appllied for my licence back in the summer and it took nearly 4 months to get a response. For my 2nd medical you dont have get your gp involved stay sober LEADING UPTO THE 2ND medical

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off