Medical urine test - diazepam

Convicted Driver Insurance

JonTheIdiot

Hi guys,

I had my first blood test medical in December and hadn’t heard anything until yesterday (Saturday) 20/02/21

not sure what’s on my doctors records but I’m guessing they want to check for drugs now also

I consumed 20mg of diazepam on Thursday and then 30mg on Friday (both before bed, self medicating for anxiety and sleep problems)

I’ve never taken them before
I’m 6’ 2” and weigh 14 stone ish
29 year old male

ive heard pretty different time frames for it staying in my urine

how long should I wait to book in for the next medical?

thanks in advance

Is not normal to have DVLA to want to check for drugs in a drink driving case, but we still do not have the full picture of your circumstances from your last thread where you were asked to set out just what happened with your conviction for perverting the course of justice. Can you revisit that and enlighten us?

What could be on your medical notes that has roused their Suspicions?
Depending on your body reaction to Diazepam it could be detectable for anything between 1-6 weeks. If it not prescribed, as appears to be the case, any trace of it in your system would be of concern to DVLA.
The N.I.C.E. Recommendations indicate that you took in excess or the recommended dosage of Diazepam for your anxiety and sleep problems:

Hi
Did you get the diazepam off a friend ? Or was it so called street drugs.
I'm asking as it can vary in its true strength.
They are very high dosages of it drs will only prescribe 5mg at a push mine are 2 mg.
I took 12mg worth last Monday , it is still showing in my urine .
My partner was taking it until 23/12/20 it is only yesterday his urine was clear using a dip stick test
It stays in urine up to 6 weeks possibly more if taken in such high doses

Hi
Did you get the diazepam off a friend ? Or was it so called street drugs.
I'm asking as it can vary in its true strength.
They are very high dosages of it drs will only prescribe 5mg at a push mine are 2 mg.
I took 12mg worth last Monday , it is still showing in my urine .
My partner was taking it until 23/12/20 it is only yesterday his urine was clear using a dip stick test
It stays in urine up to 6 weeks possibly more if taken in such high doses

thanks for the reply. How long was he taking it for? I’ll just book up for the urine test in 6 weeks time. No rush anyway, they’re only sending me out a provisional so it’s not like I can do my theory and extended test within that time frame anyway

Is not normal to have DVLA to want to check for drugs in a drink driving case, but we still do not have the full picture of your circumstances from your last thread where you were asked to set out just what happened with your conviction for perverting the course of justice. Can you revisit that and enlighten us?

Depending on your body reaction to Diazepam it could be detectable for anything between 1-6 weeks. If it not prescribed, as appears to be the case, any trace of it in your system would be of concern to DVLA.
The N.I.C.E. Recommendations indicate that you took in excess or the recommended dosage of Diazepam for your anxiety and sleep problems:

no idea, I did dabble/experiment with cocaine and cannabis 10 years ago.
I went to jail for perverting the course of justice

They have contacted my GP after a CDT pass result which a lot of people on here say is normal. My gp has obviously mentioned my past cocaine and cannabis dabble which happened almost 10 years ago when I had extreme depression.

just my luck for me to take something after a year of sobriety and then get a letter through the post the next day for a urine test

no idea, I did dabble/experiment with cocaine and cannabis 10 years ago.
I went to jail for perverting the course of justice

They have contacted my GP after a CDT pass result which a lot of people on here say is normal. My gp has obviously mentioned my past cocaine and cannabis dabble which happened almost 10 years ago when I had extreme depression.

just my luck for me to take something after a year of sobriety and then get a letter through the post the next day for a urine test
This is what happened to my partner, year of sobriety then had an extremely rude email that stated no to lisence ( course completed , blood test done ).
He had failed to declare a fit that he knew nothing about and valium use 18 months previously.
So back on merry go round

John the idiot,
PLEASE say what the conviction for ‘perverting the course of Justice” was for, as I think it may have a bearing on your current situation and it is difficult to give advice when the full facts are not there.

also Kallyj asked:
‘Did you get the diazepam off a friend ? Or was it so called street drugs.’
I'm asking as it can vary in its true strength.”
You have not answered that. You seem keen to get information but not keen to provide the facts that enables people to offer meaningful advice....

I've had 2mo prescribe by my doctor have only taken 3 over the course of a full day,bandit is only every otheronth I get them to attend appointments,have a history with my doctor but have been sober over a year,does anyone think l I will have to show 6 month drinking with I the guidelines or worst outcome 12 month abstinence if they class it as dependant?I have spoke to a couple of people on here but anymore advice would be great,my medical will be on a week this Tuesday comming the 23rd of mar h

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off