Medical Tomorrow

Convicted Driver Insurance

Pane123

Hi,

This forum has been a huge help to me so I'm hoping someone can answer this, although I've not given it much time.

I self reported as an alcoholic to the DVLA and had my licence revoked over a year ago.

I have to go for a full medical and the DVLA letter specifies that it's a blood test I need.

When I phoned to book, the woman on reception asked if it was a blood or urine test I was going for, and obviously I said "blood".

Is there any chance I'll have to do a urine test? I don't mind but I'm really bad at peeing when other people are about.

This is my only worry 😂.

NileR

Hi,

This forum has been a huge help to me so I'm hoping someone can answer this, although I've not given it much time.

I self reported as an alcoholic to the DVLA and had my licence revoked over a year ago.

I have to go for a full medical and the DVLA letter specifies that it's a blood test I need.

When I phoned to book, the woman on reception asked if it was a blood or urine test I was going for, and obviously I said "blood".

Is there any chance I'll have to do a urine test? I don't mind but I'm really bad at peeing when other people are about.

This is my only worry 😂.
I've had two urine only DVLA medicals.
The nurse told me (when asked) that they only ever do what they are instructed to do by DVLA.
This was indeed the case, I never had any blood tests, medical checks, weight, eyes etc.
Just urine only as instructed y DVLA.

price1367

TTC Group
I've had two urine only DVLA medicals.
The nurse told me (when asked) that they only ever do what they are instructed to do by DVLA.
This was indeed the case, I never had any blood tests, medical checks, weight, eyes etc.
Just urine only as instructed y DVLA.
The urine samples will be because your case involved drugs. Where the offence is alcohol they only use blood samples, so to answer Pane123, he/ she will be required to do a blood sample.

NileR

The urine samples will be because your case involved drugs. Where the offence is alcohol they only use blood samples, so to answer Pane123, he/ she will be required to do a blood sample.
Hi, thanks.
I was aware of that and agree. The point I was attempting to make was that she would only be tested for blood as that was what they requested.
That was also why I added that I only had urine done and not blood, weight etc.
I tried to edit my comment to make this clearer but the button only gave me the option to report and not edit - perhaps because a few minutes had passed.
Cheers.

Pane123

Thanks for the replies.

The doctor took my weight, height, blood pressure and asked a few questions from a form.

He then asked me to lie on a bed, listened to my breathing, then pressed my stomach in 3 places.

Finally, he took some blood.

The whole thing took 15 mins.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off