Medical tomorrow arrghhhhh

Convicted Driver Insurance

Kirsty1986

sooooo im super nervous!!! I have my dvla medical tomorrow, i have been banned now for 23 months after failing to provide specimen and yes totally stupid selfish and dangerous and unfair, fully aware of the potential impact could have had on others or my self.
i wouldnt say i had a drink problem, i was drinking once a week through lockdown boredom set in lol however now im back at work my routine is back in play and i drink twice a month around 14-16 units when i do drink, basically a bottle of wine and often we end the meal with one or two cocktails which are normally around 2.3 units each but i dont go over board. I drank two weeks ago and and i dont know how the cdt test works but have decided just to be honest when filling in the questionaire about what i drink when and how many times ive drank more than6 units in one sitting its easily 6-7 with lockdown and bbqs in the garden with family. Im going in knowing i will most likely fail because i do drink alcohol and i wont stop drinking alcohol but i fo know i will never drink drive again. I know everyone says that but when my 11 yrar old son told me i didnt give him consideration amongst all other risk factors that was the biggest kick in the teeth, the disappointment in his voice that mum could have left him for good. Ill never forget that conversation.
Good luck to anyone else that has a medical coming up. Im just dreading the wait if sorry miss campbell no licence for u today arghhh

How long did you not drink for before test
However sometimes i drink 5.7 units i only drink morebif im out for dinner with the girls but i try to drink wine that is low in units so i did some investigating but more for my own heath

However sometimes i drink 5.7 units i only drink morebif im out for dinner with the girls but i try to drink wine that is low in units so i did some investigating but more for my own heath
I drink quite often, I have got my medical on the 5th December so not going to drink from now, do you think i would still be ok?

I drink quite often, I have got my medical on the 5th December so not going to drink from now, do you think i would still be ok?
Its really hard to tell but it takes 2-4 weeks for liver to ho back to norma so thats probably a good thing not drinking if u are a heavy drinker but id advise be honest on the questionaire if ur readings dont match ur answers it may prompt them to write to ur GP. I dont regret drinking or feel so bad i cant function so i truthfully said no to those questions but i was honest about what i drink x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off