Medical tomorrow…

Convicted Driver Insurance

DC77

Morning guys. After checking online multiple times a day since my medical in mid July I logged on at about 8am this morning as usual, expecting the familiar disappointing feeling only to find out that I’ve been granted my FULL DRIVING LICENCE! Absolutely chuffed with that!

Here’s my full timeline:

Applied for new Licence 25/04
Cheque cashed 13/06 (7 weeks)
Medical letter received 29/06 (9 weeks)
Medical booked for 16/07 (11 weeks)
Medical results received 03/08 (13.5 weeks total)

The hunt for insurance starts now. Onwards and upwards with a vow to not touch a single drop and get behind the wheel.

Good luck and best wishes to you all, this forum has been a great comfort over the last few months.

Samilewi

Morning guys. After checking online multiple times a day since my medical in mid July I logged on at about 8am this morning as usual, expecting the familiar disappointing feeling only to find out that I’ve been granted my FULL DRIVING LICENCE! Absolutely chuffed with that!

Here’s my full timeline:

Applied for new Licence 25/04
Cheque cashed 13/06 (7 weeks)
Medical letter received 29/06 (9 weeks)
Medical booked for 16/07 (11 weeks)
Medical results received 03/08 (13.5 weeks total)

The hunt for insurance starts now. Onwards and upwards with a vow to not touch a single drop and get behind the wheel.

Good luck and best wishes to you all, this forum has been a great comfort over the last few months.
Congratulations! I have my medical tomorrow. Did you tick yes to any questions? Happy driving!! 🚘😁

DC77

Congratulations! I have my medical tomorrow. Did you tick yes to any questions? Happy driving!! 🚘😁
Good luck!

I said no to all the questions, told them my last drink was 3 weeks before medical and I drink 2 pints of lager 2-3 times per month and more than 6 units approx 4 times in last 12 months (was a bit worried about disclosing that) but it was fine.

Hope this helps 😃

Samilewi

Good luck!

I said no to all the questions, told them my last drink was 3 weeks before medical and I drink 2 pints of lager 2-3 times per month and more than 6 units approx 4 times in last 12 months (was a bit worried about disclosing that) but it was fine.

Hope this helps 😃
I have no issues with the drinking side of things. Just got to tick yes to mental health! I'm hoping it doesnt prolong my time but only time will! Congratulations again... I can't imagine how you're feeling right now and I can't wait to feel it too!

DC77

Thank you! I really hope you sail through it and get it back ASAP! I’m intrigued about what my %CDT score was, I’ll post if I can find out but guess it doesn’t really matter.

tongs007

Thank you! I really hope you sail through it and get it back ASAP! I’m intrigued about what my %CDT score was, I’ll post if I can find out but guess it doesn’t really matter.
You will get a letter in a few days with your licence and cdt results, you were definitely below 1% to get a ten year licence the same as me. Congratulations buddy

leebo43

You will get a letter in a few days with your licence and cdt results, you were definitely below 1% to get a ten year licence the same as me. Congratulations buddy
so if you get above the 1% they only issue a 1,2,3 year? im HRO and classed as dependant?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off