Medical today

Convicted Driver Insurance

Albert121212

Hi i had the medical today but the doctor couldn’t get a vein for the blood test. He tried 3 times. He said dvla will pass it but I’m not so sure.
Has anyone had anything like this happen?

Yes it happened to me. The doctor was unable to get a sufficient sample as I have fragile veins he tried my feet, hands, wrists etc. He said the same the DVLA would pass it - they didn't. after numerous calls I was told it had been returned and I had to wait. I was sent again for a medical to another Dr who did not have a long wait I have to say and I didn't have to pay. If possible when I called I would specifically ask if the sample was sufficient because I had to wait an extra 4 months. Luckily I didn't need my licence but if you do I would hassle and ask the name of the team they are on. Mind you it was just after Covid. It would be interesting to know where you saw the Dr, and if it's the same. He was pretty useless just wanted the money. S

Yes it happened to me. The doctor was unable to get a sufficient sample as I have fragile veins he tried my feet, hands, wrists etc. He said the same the DVLA would pass it - they didn't. after numerous calls I was told it had been returned and I had to wait. I was sent again for a medical to another Dr who did not have a long wait I have to say and I didn't have to pay. If possible when I called I would specifically ask if the sample was sufficient because I had to wait an extra 4 months. Luckily I didn't need my licence but if you do I would hassle and ask the name of the team they are on. Mind you it was just after Covid. It would be interesting to know where you saw the Dr, and if it's the same. He was pretty useless just wanted the money. S
It was underwood surgery in Cheltenham but the doctor didn’t manage to take any blood at all

I would definitely ring them and consider getting confirmation from the surgery ! They took your money for a service. T
I spoke to dvla yesterday. They confirmed i will need another medical to obtain bloods.
They need to receive the paperwork from the doctor that did the original medical before any new paperwork can be sent .
Text doctor yesterday but no reply as yet 🙈

Albert. It's frustrating but i waited tooò long before querying it. Keep chasing the surgery.. good luck. S

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off