Medical today and how long to wait?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Lucylulu

Hi everyone. Just had my medical test today. Dr take blood tests and check my blood pressure. Asked did smoking or talking drugs answer no. Don't drink over 1 year now. Been asked about depression or anxiety but i don't have it but was off sick because of low mood but explain why. I am worried because I am overweight that my test can be wrong because of that. But asked Dr about it and she say they acutely gonna look for alcohol not other things. But still worry. How long will I wait for my medical results?

Hi everyone. Just had my medical test today. Dr take blood tests and check my blood pressure. Asked did smoking or talking drugs answer no. Don't drink over 1 year now. Been asked about depression or anxiety but i don't have it but was off sick because of low mood but explain why. I am worried because I am overweight that my test can be wrong because of that. But asked Dr about it and she say they acutely gonna look for alcohol not other things. But still worry. How long will I wait for my medical results?
Hi lucylulu, how longs a piece of string? I was 21 days from medical to getting licence back (25 days when it actually arrived in my hand through Royal Mail) but DVLA didn't contact my GP, if they do contact your GP it will be longer than that. CDT is affected by lots of things but mostly alcohol, I nearly died at medical when I got weighed as I hadn't weighed myself in probably over 20/25 years but I had been eating a lot of chocolate with lockdown lol

I was 5 weeks from a medical to a decision for a one year licence.

DVLA had already contacted my GP back in April.( I applied end January but just missed getting medical before covid struck so had to wait until September in the end.)

I’ve read on here several times (I’ve read a LOT 😬) that other things can affect it but mainly it’s just alcohol. I smoke and although I’m not overweight hugely I do eat too much sugar/ carbs. So I worried for that reason but it came back ok at 0.8%.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off