Medical test queries

Convicted Driver Insurance

Louise82

Hi, so much ban was up sept 9 th , didnt get a medical till november , recieved a letter saying we are contacting you’re gp? With no mention of my results, ? I haven’t had a drink since January this year so how could i not pass? Help 😫

Hi, so much ban was up sept 9 th , didnt get a medical till november , recieved a letter saying we are contacting you’re gp? With no mention of my results, ? I haven’t had a drink since January this year so how could i not pass? Help 😫
The fact they are contacting your GP simply means they want to clarify something / get more information. It is not negative , other than it causes a delay . Numerous people on this site have had the DVLA contact their GP yet have still had their licences returned .

Hi Louise
This is annoying because it may prolong the process of getting your license back, but it’s not necessarily anything to worry about.
I hadn’t discovered this brilliant forum when I first got my license back after my ban. When the DVLA wrote to me and said they’d be contacting my GP, I nearly went in to orbit, and felt really stressed!
What I didn’t know then is that the cdt is just part of the process, and that is perfectly normal for the DVLA to write to GPs , especially for those of us who are HROs, even if there doesn’t seem to be anything in our background that might cause concern. This happens after the DVLA medical, and they only declare what the cdt is when out license is granted. Mine was 0.3%, so clearly that wasn’t a concern.
Sometimes being in an anti depressant, or CoCodamol, in my case for arthritis, is enough to trigger this. But judging by what I see on here, it’s likely to happen any way.
Fortunate I have a good relationship with my GP, but time and again on here you see posts that underline how helpful this can be. Someone who knows us well will always find it easier to complete a form, simply because they have the confidence to do so. There are professional implications for GPs and they need to feel certain that the information they give is correct.
Good Luck Louise, I hope it all gets sorted soon for you
Jane

Yes, like Keyworker, my CDT is 0.30% and the DVLA has still written to my GP, who has had the form since 16th November but hasn't returned it yet. I also scored a massive 1 on the form at my medical, so don't know the reason for the GP letter and never will. Looks like it will be after Christmas before they return it now. Not happy as I thought I'd be driving by now.

Applied on 15th July for licence return and ban expired 12th October.

The fact they are contacting your GP simply means they want to clarify something / get more information. It is not negative , other than it causes a delay . Numerous people on this site have had the DVLA contact their GP yet have still had their licences returned .
sorry am a bit lost to this but before dvla give u ur licence back do they do a medical first

sorry am a bit lost to this but before dvla give u ur licence back do they do a medical first
f you are a high risk offender, so you blew over 87 in breath, failed to supply or have 2 convictions in 10 years. You apply 90 days before your ban is up and the fee is £90. If you are not a HRO, you apply 56 days before your ban is up and the fee is £65. You can either use the D27 that DVLA send, or get a D1 form from the post office.

f you are a high risk offender, so you blew over 87 in breath, failed to supply or have 2 convictions in 10 years. You apply 90 days before your ban is up and the fee is £90. If you are not a HRO, you apply 56 days before your ban is up and the fee is £65. You can either use the D27 that DVLA send, or get a D1 form from the post office.
ok thanks mine was a fail to supply affer some woman pulled accross me totaling my car which then caught fire even tho the officer said that he had not opperated the breathaliser correctly so im having to complain about the officer and how this case has been conducted 4 h after blowing 3 times into the roadside machine i was rushed from the cells to hoapital with breathing problems

ok thanks mine was a fail to supply affer some woman pulled accross me totaling my car which then caught fire even tho the officer said that he had not opperated the breathaliser correctly so im having to complain about the officer and how this case has been conducted 4 h after blowing 3 times into the roadside machine i was rushed from the cells to hoapital with breathing problems
i asked for a medical doctor a blood test urine test all were denied at the custudy desk all recordings were denied for my use letter came back saying im not alowed video copies in case i use the evidence to incriminate the police ,,, u cant get any more bent than these bastards

i asked for a medical doctor a blood test urine test all were denied at the custudy desk all recordings were denied for my use letter came back saying im not alowed video copies in case i use the evidence to incriminate the police ,,, u cant get any more bent than these bastards
Did the letter actually say that you are not allowed copies in case you incriminate the police ? That sounds extraordinary. I understood that there was a procedure whereby the interview recording could be released and that you had a right to ask for this ?

It will depend on what you asked for. If you asked for evidence to be supplied, including the video interview, then you are not entitled to this until you enter a plea at court.
What you should do is to write to the ‘Officer in charge, Police station, xxxx” asking to be supplied with a copy of your custody record and a copy of the custody video relating to your detention. You are entitled to apply for these, as is any person detained at a police station.
Your complaint about the police will not be investigated until after your court case is finished. The procedure is like that because sometimes people complain hoping that the case will be dropped because of the complaint.
You need to focus on putting together a defence to failing to supply “without reasonable excuse” Getting the custody video will help, but also get details of your hospital admission and any other relevant medical history that you have. Did you tell the police on arrival when they booked you in to custody that you had breathing difficulties?

Yes, like Keyworker, my CDT is 0.30% and the DVLA has still written to my GP, who has had the form since 16th November but hasn't returned it yet. I also scored a massive 1 on the form at my medical, so don't know the reason for the GP letter and never will. Looks like it will be after Christmas before they return it now. Not happy as I thought I'd be driving by now.

Applied on 15th July for licence return and ban expired 12th October.
Oh no so its just happening then ! Oh havnt had results still , my ban was up sept 8th 21, its really messing woth my life same as you and others x

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off