Medical report

Convicted Driver Insurance

Richj82

I’m due to go for the DVLA medical soon to get my licence back (I was high risk) I’m pretty sure my blood test will be fine as I’ve not touched a drop for the last 3 months but does anyone know if they will automatically request a report from my doctor or is there something that I might say that would trigger it? If they go to my doctor it’ll be on my history that I’ve had help with alcohol in the last 3 years and I’m worried this will mean I can’t get my licence back until I can prove 12 months abstinence as it says on DVLA website.

You could be playing with fire if you declare on the medical form that you have had no alcohol related issues and DVLA then discover that you have lied. They will make it hard for you to get your full licence back for years.
It is a lottery as to whether they contact your GP, just be up front and deal with the issues. If the ‘help with alcohol’ amounts to misuse rather than dependence you do not have to show that you abstained, just that you have had ‘controlled drinking’ for 6 months.

You could be playing with fire if you declare on the medical form that you have had no alcohol related issues and DVLA then discover that you have lied. They will make it hard for you to get your full licence back for years.
It is a lottery as to whether they contact your GP, just be up front and deal with the issues. If the ‘help with alcohol’ amounts to misuse rather than dependence you do not have to show that you abstained, just that you have had ‘controlled drinking’ for 6 months.
Thank you! I am going to be up-front with them when I go to the medical but to be honest I’m not sure if my GP will class it as dependence or misuse I guess I’ll have to wait and see what they say I’m so nervous!

Try and discuss your notes with your GP. That will help you know where you stand and you can get him / her to not your current situation on your notes. If it is dependence then ask for a Liver Function Test and at least you will have started the process of proving abstinence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off