Medical questions

Convicted Driver Insurance

Stedriver

Hi I’m going for my medical on the 19th and thinking what to answer the questions? How many times have I had over 6 units and how often ? And the accident questions we’ll yeah I had a accident will they know that ?

Have you any history with your GP of anything alcohol related? If so, be very careful as there's a good chance the DVLA will contact them. If your medical doesn't tally with your booze quiz, they'll make further enquiries into you which will involve contacting your GP. There's a lot of factors to take into consideration and if you bend the truth just that little bit too far it won't take much digging on their part to delay getting your license back.

Have you any history with your GP of anything alcohol related? If so, be very careful as there's a good chance the DVLA will contact them. If your medical doesn't tally with your booze quiz, they'll make further enquiries into you which will involve contacting your GP. There's a lot of factors to take into consideration and if you bend the truth just that little bit too far it won't take much digging on their part to delay getting your license back.
All I’ve got is fatty alcoholic liver 4 year ago that’s it ?

1000% if you answer the question truely and your CDT comes out in good order as in a pass and in a good ratio,they wont waste their time digging further info to your GP,but if it doesnt match with your answer thats when information will be looked further too.🤟🤟..all the best on your medical and hope you have the green light🤟🤟

1000% if you answer the question truely and your CDT comes out in good order as in a pass and in a good ratio,they wont waste their time digging further info to your GP,but if it doesnt match with your answer thats when information will be looked further too.🤟🤟..all the best on your medical and hope you have the green light🤟🤟
Cheers mate I’m just gonna answer truthfully as I’ve been drinking twice a month and only had 3 pints each time pretty much

Did you also get a questionnaire in the post? I received one in the post so quite confused why..

All I’ve got is fatty alcoholic liver 4 year ago that’s it ?
'All you've got........? Fatty alcoholic liver disease is a big red flag for the DVLA. Don't lie as if they write to your GP they need to go back 6 years in your records, so that will catch this.

For some reason some people get the questionnaire in the post and some like me don't. The questions are the same ones you will be asked at the medical. Have a good look at them and see if any of them would cover your fatty liver issue. 3 pints a week won't be an issue.

Good luck.

'All you've got........? Fatty alcoholic liver disease is a big red flag for the DVLA. Don't lie as if they write to your GP they need to go back 6 years in your records, so that will catch this.

For some reason some people get the questionnaire in the post and some like me don't. The questions are the same ones you will be asked at the medical. Have a good look at them and see if any of them would cover your fatty liver issue. 3 pints a week won't be an issue.

Good

Good luck.
a couple of year after my liver test was all good no problems and I only drink twice a month now and haven’t drank for 32 days it said alcohol fatty liver not disease

That is encouraging but it’s not entirely accurate . If you answer yes to any questions, especially re mental health / alcohol / substances, the chances are that the DVLA will write to the GP. This does not however mean that they are viewing your case negatively : just that they are seeking corroboration . So, if someone had liver disease within the past six years that will be enquired about .

That is encouraging but it’s not entirely accurate . If you answer yes to any questions, especially re mental health / alcohol / substances, the chances are that the DVLA will write to the GP. This does not however mean that they are viewing your case negatively : just that they are seeking corroboration . So, if someone had liver disease within the past six years that will be enquired about .
Yea thats right..you word that right🤟..

Yea thats right..you word that right🤟..
It’s didn’t disease just fatty liver but had a test after that and my liver was fine so would that be ok? And I haven’t drank for over a month what would the out for that the only question I’m saying yes to is the accident as that was why I’m band

As I said earlier, if they write to your GP, the GP will inform them of your Alcohol Fatty Liver Disease. And it is a disease, but like a lot of other diseases, you can recover from it which you obviously have.

Questions 7 & 8 on the DR1 questionnaire specifically refer to alcohol related illnesses within the last 6 years. If you answer no to them and the DVLA do contact your GP, it will not reflect very well on your honesty regarding your past alcohol consumption.

Your liver may be fine now and even though you haven;t had a drink in over a month, you do still drink, which will be a bit of a red flag for the DVLA.

You were also not banned just for the accident. You were banned for drink driving which is why you are an HRO and require to do a medical (unless it was for some other reason?)

You can 'massage' the answers to some of the questions like how often do your drink more than 6 units in one sitting as the DVLA have no way of checking this, but anything on record with your GP is a fact and you need to answer truthfully.

Good luck.

1649927614464.png

Attachments

• 1649927411275.png
    1649927411275.png
    26 KB · Views: 8
Had medical on the 19th of April rang dvla today again!! Still no bloods they reckon there pushing it forward or gonna book me another medical absolute piss take!!!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off