Medical query

Convicted Driver Insurance

Richj82

I’m due to go for the DVLA medical soon to get my licence back (I was high risk) I’m pretty sure my blood test will be fine as I’ve not touched a drop for the last 3 months but does anyone know if they will automatically request a report from my doctor or is there something that I might say that would trigger it? If they go to my doctor it’ll be on my history that I’ve had help with alcohol in the last 3 years and I’m worried this will mean I can’t get my licence back until I can prove 12 months abstinence as it says on DVLA website.

I’m due to go for the DVLA medical soon to get my licence back (I was high risk) I’m pretty sure my blood test will be fine as I’ve not touched a drop for the last 3 months but does anyone know if they will automatically request a report from my doctor or is there something that I might say that would trigger it? If they go to my doctor it’ll be on my history that I’ve had help with alcohol in the last 3 years and I’m worried this will mean I can’t get my licence back until I can prove 12 months abstinence as it says on DVLA website.

Have a good read through the back catalogue of posts on the forum, even members who have answered all the questions with no red flags and have had a perfect CDT have had their GP’s contacted.

The doctor at the medical will ask you in the last 6 years have you had any issues with alcohol, if your answer to this question is no and they decide to contact your GP everything you tell them in future would be put under scrutiny. If you report an issue yourself the GP is always contacted, if you have a perfect medical the GP is also still sometimes contacted. There is no real way of predicting if the DVLA will or will not contact.

Get a lft test done asap,plus a stop drinking date of a year ago,one test may not be enough but at worst it will take an extra 9 months, I know it's not being honest and I'm sure there are a lot of people on this site who have winged it,depending on what help you had can also have an effect, ie where you dependent? Or misusing? You need to find out asap as misuse means 6 months of controlled drinking in which case you could be ok..

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off