Medical paperwork not received

Convicted Driver Insurance

Callumrayb

Well Known Member
Hi I had my medical on the 14th, I gave them a call today and they haven't received either labs or the doctors paperwork at the medical. How long does this usually take? They sent it all off on the 20th. So 10 days and it's still not there? I also got a bit of crushing news that labs can take upto 12 weeks to come through! Im in the "highest priority" apparently. Any similar experiences and how long did it take after the medical?

Hi I had my medical on the 14th, I gave them a call today and they haven't received either labs or the doctors paperwork at the medical. How long does this usually take? They sent it all off on the 20th. So 10 days and it's still not there? I also got a bit of crushing news that labs can take upto 12 weeks to come through! Im in the "highest priority" apparently. Any similar experiences and how long did it take after the medical?
At every stage of my application the DVLA stated they had not received documentation (apart from bloods which arrived promptly). I had to chase everything up / get it resent. They say that paperwork takes 10 days to be scanned on after receipt at DVLA , so if you call next week it may show on the system. I hope so .

Just an update, urine test doctors paperwork was received but still waiting on labs from the 14th of July. Hoping it's not been lost!

Currently at 122 days or just over 17 weeks since my medical and not any movement from the lab, it seems bloods are being processed so much faster than urine. MP involved, 2 complaints sent months ago and nothing.

Currently at 122 days or just over 17 weeks since my medical and not any movement from the lab, it seems bloods are being processed so much faster than urine. MP involved, 2 complaints sent months ago and nothing.
Madness .. I had my medical and did blood and urine and was told 4th Nov i was getting a 12 month medical . Keep ringing the medical department. Also they may of written to doctors or consultants .

Keep ringing and chasing it or they will just leave you waiting .

Good luck

I think they make up different excuses in an effort to handle the backlog. I called on the 19th October after my Medical on the 30th September and was told that they had everything and it was with the Medical Section. Called again yesterday (12th November) only to be told that they were missing a CDT DR1 from from the Doctor who they said they had contacted on the 8th November.

I called the Doctor and was informed that there had been no contact with DVLA and that all the forms had been stapled together and returned on the day of my medical. Plus they do not hold a copy of any forms (data protection?)

I called again and got nowhere (there is another more detailed post from me in here about this.) Simply told the Medical section will contact me.

I now fully expect to have to re-do the medical (or at least the form part,) then wait another 10 weeks then they will write to my GP then I might get my licence back almost 9 months after I applied for what should have been straightforward case.

Angry? Just a wee bit.

Just reading threads like this makes me wonder how many breaches of General Data Protection Regulations are currently being committed by the DVLA with the fact paperwork goes missing or key documents are not accounted for.

CJ

Today is 144 days since the urine test, so over 20 weeks since I did it, about a week ago I received a letter from my MP had been sent from the DVLA basically apologising but not reassuring that it wouldn't be much longer, as they said due to a "administration" issue my results for the urine sample were in a backlog, so essentially just what I already knew, I will still be waiting the same information for weeks or months from now.

Today is 144 days since the urine test, so over 20 weeks since I did it, about a week ago I received a letter from my MP had been sent from the DVLA basically apologising but not reassuring that it wouldn't be much longer, as they said due to a "administration" issue my results for the urine sample were in a backlog, so essentially just what I already knew, I will still be waiting the same information for weeks or months from now.

You must be gutted.
Absolutely shocking and disgraceful.
Still no end in sight for you after all this time and being at the last stage.
How can that amount of time and no end time be justified in any way at all.
This gives no hope at all that DVLA are in any way returning to anything that could be called a normal service.
Shambolic.
It will probably be summer at least for me getting then if I need to attend medical.
I'm really sorry for you mate.
Downer does not even come close.

I see you were asking the solicitor on here about going to court about the delays.
his advice about the process is correct, I would just add that the success rate is about 1%, which is a BIG thing to consider going down that route, and they have been known to claim thousands of pounds from the applicant for any expert evidence they have had to produce in court.

I see you were asking the solicitor on here about going to court about the delays.
his advice about the process is correct, I would just add that the success rate is about 1%, which is a BIG thing to consider going down that route, and they have been known to claim thousands of pounds from the applicant for any expert evidence they have had to produce in court.
I don't have the money for that route so it looks like I'm going to have to wait, it's unfortunate.

Update, called DVLA and really complained telling them how it's been over 5 months since the urine sample was provided, asked if the lab had been suspended too which the lady on the phone said they have received information saying my results shouldn't be too much longer (not sure by who) and I should hear something by early next month! So that's atleast something to look forward too, especially knowing my urine sample is clean as I don't use drugs.

Update, called DVLA and really complained telling them how it's been over 5 months since the urine sample was provided, asked if the lab had been suspended too which the lady on the phone said they have received information saying my results shouldn't be too much longer (not sure by who) and I should hear something by early next month! So that's atleast something to look forward too, especially knowing my urine sample is clean as I don't use drugs.
That's excellent, good news within the next two weeks or so. I'm really pleased for you after all this nonsense. 👍

Do you have to do a urine sample now for medicals for hro have never had to before thank you

Well , I hope you do find out . What has happened in your case is beyond outrageous. There can be no acceptable explanation for such incompetence.

Do you have to do a urine sample now for medicals for hro have never had to before thank you
Hi, if your offence was due to alcohol and you have reported no drug use on your medical then you should be fine, most people on here do not need a urine sample, just a blood sample.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off