Medical paperwork not received

Convicted Driver Insurance
Callum

Reading your updates and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you mate. The DVLA really are unprofessional, inept and completely disorganised.

I am waiting on a second DVLA medical as my temporary licence ends in January. I am anticipating doing it in the spring, but from reading your own story I reckon it could be the summer by the time I finally get granted my next licence.

Let us know how you get on.

CJ

Callum

Reading your updates and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you mate. The DVLA really are unprofessional, inept and completely disorganised.

I am waiting on a second DVLA medical as my temporary licence ends in January. I am anticipating doing it in the spring, but from reading your own story I reckon it could be the summer by the time I finally get granted my next licence.

Let us know how you get on.

CJ
Couldn't agree more CJ with everything you said.
From hoping I'd have my license by Xmas (since application in March) I've went to quickly believing that it would be spring then summer.
This application should have been the third yearly one, now looking like I'll be the full year on S88 or even an extension of that as its been 9 months already.

Couldn't agree more CJ with everything you said.
From hoping I'd have my license by Xmas (since application in March) I've went to quickly believing that it would be spring then summer.
This application should have been the third yearly one, now looking like I'll be the full year on S88 or even an extension of that as its been 9 months already.

I hope that you get sorted. S88 cover only lasts for 12 months, there is no extension to the 12 months but I have seen on here where DVLA allowed another application to be submitted on a couple of occasions. Unless they do allow you to resubmit then you would have to wait for the first one to go through, with no more driving until it does.

You MUST get their agreement for this, you cannot just submit another application and carry on driving without it.

I hope that you get sorted. S88 cover only lasts for 12 months, there is no extension to the 12 months but I have seen on here where DVLA allowed another application to be submitted on a couple of occasions. Unless they do allow you to resubmit then you would have to wait for the first one to go through, with no more driving until it does.

You MUST get their agreement for this;
Thanks for the heads up Price, I was well aware it only lasts 12 months.
I also read on here about the S88 but clearly my memory is wrong about the(possibility of) extension and would have certainly called DVLA beforehand to enquire and apply if possible.
I would not have assumed anything or driven without the correct authorisation.
I'm sorry if my brief explanation gave came across as anything different.
Thanks for taking the time to clarify and keep me correct, I very much appreciate it.
Hopefully it won't come to that anyway but given I may well have to attend medical and wait for results it may well be my birthday present in May😊
I'm thinking that the end date for my S88 would then be the same date as I spoke to my GP specifically about S88 and was declared fit to drive and not the date of my insurance??
Thanks again Price.

Last edited:
The date is a bit woolly…… you can drive for up to 12 months, providing that DVLA have received your complete and correct application and your doctor has confirmed that he / she is happy for you to continue driving……. So I would take that as being whichever one came second because then the eligibility for S88 exists from that day.
It seems very rare for the medical enquiries to last more than 12 months so you still have a good chance that you will be sorted. In the current climate I think they would be amenable to you applying again, but then, of course, you have the issue of knowing that the application has been received and checking again with your GP…….

The date is a bit woolly…… you can drive for up to 12 months, providing that DVLA have received your complete and correct application and your doctor has confirmed that he / she is happy for you to continue driving……. So I would take that as being whichever one came second because then the eligibility for S88 exists from that day.
It seems very rare for the medical enquiries to last more than 12 months so you still have a good chance that you will be sorted. In the current climate I think they would be amenable to you applying again, but then, of course, you have the issue of knowing that the application has been received and checking again with your GP…….
Thanks Price, I appreciate your help.

Update, called today and the advisor I talked too said he had no idea what the previous advisor was talking about as they have NOT received any new information since July...

Hopeless, lies, deceit.. I feel let down, guess I'm going to be waiting even longer.

174 days just under 25 weeks since my medical it's honestly ridiculous now!

Update, called today and the advisor I talked too said he had no idea what the previous advisor was talking about as they have NOT received any new information since July...

Hopeless, lies, deceit.. I feel let down, guess I'm going to be waiting even longer.

You must be so gutted and angry after hearing that today.
During your previous call the lady told you they had received information it shouldn't be much longer.
Now it either means she just made it up? Surely she must be getting details from your notes on the screen?
Is it worth you phoning again in a few days and asking again - if the advisor backs up or negates todays call then you might have a better idea who is at fault? - either previous advisor or today's advisor?
You must be raging🤬

You must be so gutted and angry after hearing that today.
During your previous call the lady told you they had received information it shouldn't be much longer.
Now it either means she just made it up? Surely she must be getting details from your notes on the screen?
Is it worth you phoning again in a few days and asking again - if the advisor backs up or negates todays call then you might have a better idea who is at fault? - either previous advisor or today's advisor?
You must be raging🤬
It's disgusting because I specifically asked if there was anything new and she said "we have received correspondence that your results will be with us early next month" so I told the advisor today about that and he said there were no notes stating that. Honestly these cowboys are such liars!

It's disgusting because I specifically asked if there was anything new and she said "we have received correspondence that your results will be with us early next month" so I told the advisor today about that and he said there were no notes stating that. Honestly these cowboys are such liars!
Yeah, I remember it and I double checked your posts. So that means she has either made that up or she's misread it but that doesn't make sense.
That's why I thought if you called again and if this advisor states same as today's advisor then you will perhaps be one step closer to the truth or at least query where and why you were previously told information that was clearly untrue.
Although, to be honest I don't expect them to provide you with information that would criticise another colleague tbh.

What a joke you must be gutted dvla are a joke seems like we are the last one the list to be getting sorted out 😡

I am sure they often make things up for some unknown reason. Maybe a competition perhaps

I am sure they often make things up for some unknown reason. Maybe a competition perhaps
Whenever I spoke to them, and they started looking for info while I was on the phone , I always somehow got the feeling that the computer systems they were using were not very user friendly / efficient / modern. I got the impression that they were not easy to interrogate to find information that you needed, or that info could be put on the wrong screen. I worked in a government department myself, with antiquated IT , and know well how easy it is for I foto be incorrectly entered , hidden etc . Their lack of accountability is astonishing.

Today is 182 days, so 26 weeks. Or.... 6 months! Absolutely disgusting. All I need is a bit of paper for my urine test which has cost me 6 months of my life. It's ridiculous.

Today is 182 days, so 26 weeks. Or.... 6 months! Absolutely disgusting. All I need is a bit of paper for my urine test which has cost me 6 months of my life. It's ridiculous.
It’s disgraceful and utterly indefensible. I’m so sorry you have to put up with this .

Well, I applied on the 15th July, had a medical on 12th November and I am still waiting 6 months almost to the day for my licence to be returned.

My GP hasn't helped in that they have taken 8 weeks to return a 6 page form despite my CDT being 0.30%.

So I am now at day 181 since I applied and my ban ended on the 12th October.

Thank God I don;t need to do a urine test.

Well, I applied on the 15th July, had a medical on 12th November and I am still waiting 6 months almost to the day for my licence to be returned.

My GP hasn't helped in that they have taken 8 weeks to return a 6 page form despite my CDT being 0.30%.

So I am now at day 181 since I applied and my ban ended on the 12th October.

Thank God I don;t need to do a urine test.
I was unbanned in april! Honestly such ridiculous time scales.

Update day 187, no update as of yet! Urine sample still being processed.
Hi, did you call them?
Hello young man. Did you call them?
I'm 314 days since whole application went in.
I'm 161 days since medical department have had GP report and no medical or decision at all.
I will probably call later today.
The way its looking it'll probably be an application time of a year and a half if I get a medical tomorrow but I think there's zero chance of that happening.

Hi, did you call them?

Hello young man. Did you call them?
I'm 314 days since whole application went in.
I'm 161 days since medical department have had GP report and no medical or decision at all.
I will probably call later today.
The way its looking it'll probably be an application time of a year and a half if I get a medical tomorrow but I think there's zero chance of that happening.
Wow that is disgusting

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off