Medical is this the last hoop?

Convicted Driver Insurance

Blooper

I Lost my license did my Ban and Community service and got my my license revoked after having it back for a year because I could not prove I had a years sobriety required for a HRO. SO I have appealed with a Doctors letter, had Medichecks Blood test (CDT0.6), filled out a license application form, a medical questionnaire, my doctor filled out a medical questionnaire all of which says there is not reason I should not drive as I no longer drink or have a problem with Alcohol. this has all of which has taken around 3 months all of which time I am unable to drive and have lost my job as a result. Today I have been told I need a Medical which I presume will mean a blood test, I know the results will be very low ( the last one 4 weeks ago was 0,6 % can any one tell me is that the end of the process now. Will I get my license back or will they come up with something else a letter from the Prime Minister perhaps ? Please tell me a medical is the last thing.

I am not sure why you need to show sobriety for an year for HRO. This is only required for people who have alcohol dependence or alcohol misuse.

Have you been to your GP with any alcohol issues in the past 3 years?

I went through all of this the same recenltly. It took 7 months to get my licence back, but it was a supporting letter from my doctor that got me it back. I expected another 1 year, but I got a nine year licence, so well chuffed ! The waiting was awful but don't give up hope

FiremanSam I didnt realise my previous doctor had marked my notes with Alcohol depenfdant after a mad week on the Boooze and subsequent visit to ensure I hadnt done any damage. As a non drinker for long periods (years) over the past 20 years, I was worried I had no tolerance.
Thanks Anxious I have now been asked for a medical this really has to be the end of it, I know it will come back OK, did you get your licesne back after the DVLA medical ?

No , they picked up I had depression which was over three years ago. They didn't write to my gp so after two months waiting I got my gp to write the supporting letter to say that I haven't had depression or any alcohol for three years. Within 2 weeks I then got my licence back.

TI feel they have been dragging this out as much as they can, so I am getting a Solicitor to take this to the Magistrates court thy ehave already been investigated for incorrectly with holding licenses. I understand they want to keep the repeat offenders off the streets but they are also driving others to depression by not having licenses and not being able to work etc.

If you've been marked as dependant by a doctor in the past then the DVLA has the legal right to revoke your licence until a time when you can prove through doctors records that you are 1 year sober. Your solicitor will advise you the same thing, you can't take the DVLA to court for following their own guidelines. Sorry Blooper that it's been a drawn out process for you but your gripe is with your old GP who diagnosed you dependant after one visit, once this is in your medical history the DVLA are fully within their right to revoke you.

The Doctor has advised sobriety in a letter and the medical form and they still want a medical. My real gripe is:
they send you a medical form and you say its been at least a year.
Then they ask your doctor (another couple of weeks..),
then they ask for medical (another couple of weeks..)
Its the same story over and over so why wait for the questionnaires to come back if they ignore what it states and send you for a medical any way.

Totally agree with the timescales dragging on. My GP on two occasions completed their part incorrectly, and it delays it by about 8 weeks. He's a very busy man I know, but the delay is painful.

I have recently got my licence back, having proved sobriety, but its only for 1 year. Good advice on here about checking in with GP. I plan on bugging him every 3 months for a liver function test, just so in 12 months they don't take it away... which I didn't realise they could do! Sorry to hear your plight, but that's a real eye opener. I assumed in 12 months it was a case of them having to prove I've got a drink problem again. Seems mad to allow someone on the road for a year, then take licence away despite them never visiting their GP. Hope it works out soon

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off