Medical how does it work?

Convicted Driver Insurance

uklegendman

Got 12 months for a failing to provide, one month in now.
Have been reading this forum and just found out I have to do a medical before get my licence back. So how do I apply for a medical and what forms do I need to submit to the dvla to prove I have a medical check. Also does the medical have to be done a certain amounted of time before I can get the licence back.?

You can apply for your licence back when you are 3 months away from the end of your ban. DVLA should write to you at that point to inform you, with an application form. If they don't do that, you can go to the post office and ask for a D1 for to do the application.
DVLA will then write to you with a list of Doctors on their approved list in your area that carry out medicals. You then have to make an appointment with one of them to arrange the medical. The doctor then reports to DVLA who consider the results and then inform you if you are getting you,r licence back. You cannot drive until you have completed this process, so it is important that you apply at the 3 month point to give the maximum time possible for this process to take place.
you cannot do the medical prior to 3 months before you are due to drive.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off