Medical fee 2nd time around

Convicted Driver Insurance

RW1087

Hi all,

I got issued a 1 year license first time around (I am a HRO)
Applied for my licence again after the 1 year expired, I read somewhere that we don’t have to pay the £90 fee again as we would have moved into the normal ‘medical renewal’ category rather than reapplying for a licence after a ban.

But today I received my application back requesting £90 in order to proceed?

I take it we have to stump up the £90 each time, and if and when a medical gets booked this time around pay the GP fees on top again?

Hi all,

Applied for my licence again after the 1 year expired, I read somewhere that we don’t have to pay the £90 fee again as we would have moved into the normal ‘medical renewal’ category rather than reapplying for a licence after a ban.

I take it we have to stump up the £90 each time, and if and when a medical gets booked this time around pay the GP fees on top again?
As far as I am aware if you are on a medical licence you don't need to pay for anything, either the £90 fee or the Medical Exam fee (if there is one.)

I would give the DVLA a call.

I will be in the same position myself very soon, so will also need to find out.

My 1 year application is being processed now. DVLA sent me forms to complete, no request for a fee.

Hi all,

RW1087

You do pay for you first medical after a DD ban that works out at around £110-120 (including VAT) along with a fee for renewing your driving licence. Once you are re-instated back on the road, you do not pay for any further licence renewals or medicals as everything is instigated by the DVLA. One thing you do need to be mindful of - if you do attend a medical and fail it for whatever reason (such as a high CDT reading), you do have to incur the cost of any future medicals until you do pass. As I said in a previous post - it is in your own best interest to pass these medicals as it is just wasting your own money.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off