Medical delays

Convicted Driver Insurance

Elizalisa

Hi everyone!
I’m new here.
I was wondering if anyone could share their knowledge with me.
I am so frustrated right now. Obviously I was in the wrong for making the decision of drink driving the same as everyone else.
the dvla are being absolute bandits. I did the drink driving course well before the completion date for my license back on the 08-01-21
The dvla will not give me an answer to where my my medical is on the list ( I’m a HRO due to the alcohol in my system) they keep saying it’s the pandemic and there is no doctors to do this medical? I have phoned at least 30 times since December to get an answer like ISM told me to. I have a concurrent running epilepsy ban, due to be up on the 2nd of March. My neurologist has signed this all off but the dvla keep saying I can’t have a medical until they send a letter of acceptance to my neurologist, this they haven’t done! For three months! He said the dvla would only give me a a medical for DD ban after the epilepsy one,I told him I need the DD ban off my record for disclosures for work and it wasn’t fair I haven’t had this taken off my record. I deserve a DD medical, I’ve paid for it. He denied it, then I said I know they calls are recorded and your colleague told me the DD ban medical would be done separately within 6-8 weeks. And he admitted I could have a DD medical but there isn’t a doctor in scotland that will do a DD medical. At my wits end, can anyone give me advice please? Is just seems like they are fobbing me off everytime, and very rude and demeaning with it

I was told no medicals due to Covid, I’ve been driving on a section 88 for 5 months, until I spoke to them and asked how i could make a formal complaint, they directed me to an section on the Gov website,this was on 5th jan I then got a letter dated 7th jan suddenly offering me a medical. Maybe email a complaint x

Hi Elizalisa was just wondering if you had managed to do your DD medical yet? I managed to get mine done at a docs in Glasgow that the DVLA sent me information for. I got my medical letter at the end of January and did my medical Feb 23rd 2021. So I find that really strange. Still waiting on results as I was due to start driving last week but no signs of that yet. Looks normal though judging by these posts so fingers crossed. Hope you managed to sort your DD medical.

Hi Elizalisa was just wondering if you had managed to do your DD medical yet? I managed to get mine done at a docs in Glasgow that the DVLA sent me information for. I got my medical letter at the end of January and did my medical Feb 23rd 2021. So I find that really strange. Still waiting on results as I was due to start driving last week but no signs of that yet. Looks normal though judging by these posts so fingers crossed. Hope you managed to sort your DD medical.
Hello!
I ended up writing to our MP ( the man at my DD awareness course suggested it) two days later I got a reply from him saying he had raised the issue with the DVLA as he was already in talks with them over other people awaiting medicals from my area. And two days after that I got a letter last week saying I could travel 100 miles for a medical and that they had stopped doing medicals over lock down in scotland and only just seeing people now?! Are you in scotland? That’s a long time to wait for your results, how frustrating! How did you find it?

Hello!
I ended up writing to our MP ( the man at my DD awareness course suggested it) two days later I got a reply from him saying he had raised the issue with the DVLA as he was already in talks with them over other people awaiting medicals from my area. And two days after that I got a letter last week saying I could travel 100 miles for a medical and that they had stopped doing medicals over lock down in scotland and only just seeing people now?! Are you in scotland? That’s a long time to wait for your results, how frustrating! How did you find it?
Hi,

100 miles seems excessive. I'm just outside Glasgow I travelled maybe 7 miles for my medical, so they have definitely still being doing medicals in lockdown, medical was not a problem though just fill out some forms, take some blood, ask about drinking habits and a quick physical exam.

Hi,

100 miles seems excessive. I'm just outside Glasgow I travelled maybe 7 miles for my medical, so they have definitely still being doing medicals in lockdown, medical was not a problem though just fill out some forms, take some blood, ask about drinking habits and a quick physical exam.
They have obviously lied to me. I know other people have had medicals no problem. I was harassing them since December for a date. I only got a response when the mp got involved. I don’t know why the dvla have to make everything so difficult!

I was told no medicals due to Covid, I’ve been driving on a section 88 for 5 months, until I spoke to them and asked how i could make a formal complaint, they directed me to an section on the Gov website,this was on 5th jan I then got a letter dated 7th jan suddenly offering me a medical. Maybe email a complaint x
Hi can I ask who you are inside with under section 88?

Insured rather!!
You can't just get in a car and start driving, you need to insure and tax the car as normal! Some insurers may make it more difficult to get cover if you have a s.88 (or indeed a temporary medical licence) rather than a full licence.

Hi can I ask who you are inside with under section 88?

If you're on section 88 for a renewal you can just let your old insurance run or renew. If it's for a pre-2013 ban use of section 88, then the digital licence check will fail and most insurance companies will not insure as technically you do not hold a full licence.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off