Medical - cdt level requirements

Convicted Driver Insurance
I ended up finding out since this post that the GP had ticked dependency on my DVLA form, had my license revoked for a year. Booked an appointment with the GP who filled it out and he admitted he didn’t really know what he was filling in or the implications and so has retracted his initial statement last week, found out yesterday a full license has been issued.

The doctor and surgery were apologetic in the delays it was causing.

I wrote many emails to them stressing how urgent it was, but appreciate they are busy with other things.. I also dropped in every other day once I knew they had the form but they are a 30 second walk from me so was easy to do.

Good luck, the nightmare will be over it just take perseverance and time.

🤞

I ended up finding out since this post that the GP had ticked dependency on my DVLA form, had my license revoked for a year. Booked an appointment with the GP who filled it out and he admitted he didn’t really know what he was filling in or the implications and so has retracted his initial statement last week, found out yesterday a full license has been issued.

The doctor and surgery were apologetic in the delays it was causing.

I wrote many emails to them stressing how urgent it was, but appreciate they are busy with other things.. I also dropped in every other day once I knew they had the form but they are a 30 second walk from me so was easy to do.

Good luck, the nightmare will be over it just take perseverance and time.

🤞
Some of the things that happen to people on here make me absolutely despair !!
It is truly gob smacking that any professional, especially a Dr , would complete a form whilst “ not really knowing what they were doing “ or the implications of such . Also , surely they need to have some basis for determining someone as “ dependent “ even if they somehow didn’t what the form was for ????? 🤬🤬🤬
I hope the rest of their clinical practice is less abysmal.

Some of the things that happen to people on here make me absolutely despair !!
It is truly gob smacking that any professional, especially a Dr , would complete a form whilst “ not really knowing what they were doing “ or the implications of such . Also , surely they need to have some basis for determining someone as “ dependent “ even if they somehow didn’t what the form was for ????? 🤬🤬🤬
I hope the rest of their clinical practice is less abysmal.
It was picked up from a hospital trip due to excessive alcohol after a binge.. it was misuse but was in excess of 3 years. He was very apologetic.. I knew it was a mistake as you mentioned there was no basis for that.

All sorted now even though the delays are a pain!

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to you all for all your support. My licence has been issued today! I'm beyond happy. You guys have made this journey manageable and I can't thank you all enough!

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to you all for all your support. My licence has been issued today! I'm beyond happy. You guys have made this journey manageable and I can't thank you all enough!
Congratulations!!!! Did you call them?

Congratulations!!!! Did you call them?
Thanks.Yup. I emailed Tim burton Friday evening then when I called at 11 today they had processed my full 10 year licence. Not sure if its a coincidence that it's been processed so quickly after emailing him.

It's now showing online when I check my licence too.

Thanks chick. How are you getting on
Have they received your results yet
Don’t know - rang today but they weren’t taking calls 🙄. It’s a week since my medical and the doctor said she was sending the tests etc over that day but can’t get through to anyone.

Don’t know - rang today but they weren’t taking calls 🙄. It’s a week since my medical and the doctor said she was sending the tests etc over that day but can’t get through to anyone.
Keep chasing. Get your docs email address too, so if rhey need to contact the GP they can email the form straight away. Get your GP to email it back to them too! I'll WhatsApp the email to you. Also I'll send u a copy of the form they get the doc to fill in

Keep chasing. Get your docs email address too, so if rhey need to contact the GP they can email the form straight away. Get your GP to email it back to them too! I'll WhatsApp the email to you. Also I'll send u a copy of the form they get the doc to fill in
Hi everyone. Just got off the phone the lady at dvla said I have a full 10 year licence. I don’t want to get too existed cause I can’t see it online yet. If this is correct this must truly be a Christmas miracle because I only went for my medical on the 6 Desember.

Hi everyone. Just got off the phone the lady at dvla said I have a full 10 year licence. I don’t want to get too existed cause I can’t see it online yet. If this is correct this must truly be a Christmas miracle because I only went for my medical on the 6 Desember.
This is awesome! It took 3hrs from the telling me to it showing online. Is it valid from tomorrow? Mine is... car taxed and insured! Bring on tomorrow

That’s amazing- congratulations!

Ah yes please do. Been trying all afternoon but can’t even get on hold just get a message saying they are too busy to take calls! The DVLA doctor at the medical said she had no concerns about me and I should hear about my license in 3 to 4 weeks but I don’t know if the DVLA will write to my GP anyway. It’s all so nerve wracking! So @Hopeful2022 did they not write to your GP or did they just get back to them very fast?

This is awesome! It took 3hrs from the telling me to it showing online. Is it valid from tomorrow? Mine is... car taxed and insured! Bring on tomorrow
She said I can drive as soon as it shows on the system I can drive. So I will keep checking. She said I should get my card in 14 days🙏🏻🙏🏻🥳 so happy will keep everybody updated.

Amazing news!!!

Ah yes please do. Been trying all afternoon but can’t even get on hold just get a message saying they are too busy to take calls! The DVLA doctor at the medical said she had no concerns about me and I should hear about my license in 3 to 4 weeks but I don’t know if the DVLA will write to my GP anyway. It’s all so nerve wracking! So @Hopeful2022 did they not write to your GP or did they just get back to them very fast?
I don’t think so because I only went for the medical 2 weeks ago. I have been trying to get hold of my gp for 6 months to talk to him for Incase they write to them but they refuse to let me talk to the gp because I don’t have a medical problem. Can’t express my happiness. My little boy is so happy because now I can take him to swimming classes again. I have spend a fortune on taxis and I don’t make a lot of money so it has been so challenging.

I don’t think so because I only went for the medical 2 weeks ago. I have been trying to get hold of my gp for 6 months to talk to him for Incase they write to them but they refuse to let me talk to the gp because I don’t have a medical problem. Can’t express my happiness. My little boy is so happy because now I can take him to swimming classes again. I have spend a fortune on taxis and I don’t make a lot of money so it has been so challenging.
Aw so happy for you and your son. My kids are older but not being able to give them lifts has been far worse than any personal inconvenience to me. I do wish the DVLA would pick up the phone though!

Aw so happy for you and your son. My kids are older but not being able to give them lifts has been far worse than any personal inconvenience to me. I do wish the DVLA would pick up the phone though!
I called this nr
0300 790 6802 and not the medical nr they pick up after 3 min but then put you thru and took about 35 min to get thru. The lady Yas even remember me I have obviously made a pest of myself all the time but was always nice to them and thanking them for their understanding and dealing with me because I was always crying but they were always very understanding and kind.

I called this nr
0300 790 6802 and not the medical nr they pick up after 3 min but then put you thru and took about 35 min to get thru. The lady Yas even remember me I have obviously made a pest of myself all the time but was always nice to them and thanking them for their understanding and dealing with me because I was always crying but they were always very understanding and kind.
Ah thank you for the tip! I will try them now

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off