Medical - cdt level requirements

Convicted Driver Insurance
As hard as it is to endure for some, it’s only 4-6 weeks abstinence, which you have sufficient notice to do something about.

If people can’t abstain for just that length of time, I’d question whether they were indeed right to have their license back.
Agreed we didn’t look into it enough and didn’t realise the checks etc otherwise the 4-6 weeks would’ve happened. If only I’d know about this forum before hand

Agreed we didn’t look into it enough and didn’t realise the checks etc otherwise the 4-6 weeks would’ve happened. If only I’d know about this forum before hand
Well; on the bright side you’d found it now. :) Agreed, though, this site is not only a trove of experiences and information, but also a massive source of comfort. At times, I’d have been lost without this place.

As hard as it is to endure for some, it’s only 4-6 weeks abstinence, which you have sufficient notice to do something about.

If people can’t abstain for just that length of time, I’d question whether they were indeed right to have their license back.
I’m seeing more and more of this “how do I get away with this” culture rather than, how do I do the right thing. We try not to be judgmental but sometimes it’s very hard when most of us have completely abstained or have every intention of never doing this again. Even as HRO’s. I’m going to refrain from commenting further 😡

Hi Guys, has anyone ever been for the CDT test and a had a reading of 3.0. My husband and I where on holiday and his test was the following Thursday and we only thought this test was similar to when your are tested after the event so his licence has been refused as he was 0.1% above what they allow. Can he apply straight away or does he have to wait for a period ? There is a letter for his to provide his GP, however, hes never had any history of alcohol abuse or missuse so i dont think this is applicable and wondered if he started to abstain now could he apply again
Any help is appreciated please

This would be a straight fail and a revocation or refusal of your driving licence for a minimum of 6 months.

The problem then is reapplying for your licence again which can take months & months in the present climate and then paying to do your next DVLA medical.

Its almost like opening a can of worms as the DVLA may want to write to your GP aswell to find out about any alcohol problems you might have had.

CJ

This would be a straight fail and a revocation or refusal of your driving licence for a minimum of 6 months.

The problem then is reapplying for your licence again which can take months & months in the present climate and then paying to do your next DVLA medical.

Its almost like opening a can of worms as the DVLA may want to write to your GP aswell to find out about any alcohol problems you might have had.

CJ
Yes already got an appointment with my GP he doesn’t have any alcohol problems so that’s not a worry

So I had my medical last Tuesday the result was scanned on to the system yesterday! She couldn't tell me my result though...Just waiting to see if they will contact my Dr now as I ticked yes to mental health ... I had depression and anxiety..not been treated since last Feb! Haven't needed it. I'm really hoping the licence gods are looking down on me and just process my licence 🤣 the waiting is sooo frustrating.

So I had my medical last Tuesday the result was scanned on to the system yesterday! She couldn't tell me my result though...Just waiting to see if they will contact my Dr now as I ticked yes to mental health ... I had depression and anxiety..not been treated since last Feb! Haven't needed it. I'm really hoping the licence gods are looking down on me and just process my licence 🤣 the waiting is sooo frustrating.
Fingers crossed, all of my forms scanned onto system on the 9th October still not heard anything about a medical date or if they will write to GP first. All of this would give even the most mild mannered anxiety lol. Good luck you hear something soon. I had suspected dependency on my gp file from 6 years ago. But that 6 years has just elapsed by a couple of weeks so far, so hopefully they won’t be able to use that.

Fingers crossed, all of my forms scanned onto system on the 9th October still not heard anything about a medical date or if they will write to GP first. All of this would give even the most mild mannered anxiety lol. Good luck you hear something soon.
It took 4 days for the medical letter to book my cdt to be sent out once my forms had been scanned in, so HOPEFULLY you get some update soon!

I'm just going to keep checking my licence online and calling daily whilst I have a week off to see if anything changes. The anxiety this process causes is almost as bad as being married to my ex 🤣😬

Prepare for a wait. I had my medical nearly 5 weeks ago, and all the DVLA will tell me if they are assessing the results.
So frustrating

It took 4 days for the medical letter to book my cdt to be sent out once my forms had been scanned in, so HOPEFULLY you get some update soon!

I'm just going to keep checking my licence online and calling daily whilst I have a week off to see if anything changes. The anxiety this process causes is almost as bad as being married to my ex 🤣😬
Let’s not talk about ex’s I’m stressed enough as it is lol

Prepare for a wait. I had my medical nearly 5 weeks ago, and all the DVLA will tell me if they are assessing the results.
So frustrating
The frustrating bit is the fact that there’s no consistency, you see it on here all the time. My ban end date is 8/12/2022 I can’t see me driving by then

I’ve just checked, they’ve had everything from me for 20 working days now. And not a sausage. They’ve got the D2 form the D4 medical form, and their own medical questionnaire. So they’ve had all this 20 working days, tomorrow will be 21. I actually started the whole process 8th of August. And still not a word.

I’ve just checked, they’ve had everything from me for 20 working days now. And not a sausage. They’ve got the D2 form the D4 medical form, and their own medical questionnaire. So they’ve had all this 20 working days, tomorrow will be 21. I actually started the whole process 8th of August. And still not a word.
Defo worth calling them a lot. Maybe they are waiting for your ban date to be a bit nearer? They seem to be processing people quicker who's bans have already passed..x

Defo worth calling them a lot. Maybe they are waiting for your ban date to be a bit nearer? They seem to be processing people quicker who's bans have already passed..x
Definitely not in my case 😢 ban up in August, every scanned onto the system including Docs report for about 2 weeks and still nothing and unable to put a timescale on a decision!

Definitely not in my case 😢 ban up in August, every scanned onto the system including Docs report for about 2 weeks and still nothing and unable to put a timescale on a decision!
It's just ridiculous isn't it. I've clearly been wishful thinking!

I think its just completely random so fingers crossed for you!
Sooo, my doctors are shit! They lost the form, so i got the DVLA to email it to them. They lost the email! They then found the email, all this pissing about, has now meant that the practice manager is away for a week now, she's the only one who can deal with the paper work and I'm looking at least2/3 weeks before she can see me too! So getting my licence back this year looks as possible as me being able to remember to how to parallel park lol

I HATE THIS PROCESS! it's stressing me out beyond belief. I feel like I have no control over my life right now.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off