Medical booked, not long..

Convicted Driver Insurance
Well today, I received one of the best things in the last 2 years. A letter from the DVLA to say my medical came back as 0.6, I'm deemed safe to drive and my licence is on its way. Even went looking at cars today.
I'm so happy this whole sorry, self inflicted affair has come to an end. From battling drink, depression, you name it...to coming out the other side a wiser, stronger, healthier person. Wouldn't have been able to get through it without Jesus. Onwards and upwards now. All the best to you guys, need any help just ask 👍
Brilliant news for you,, so chuffed, my medical was same day as yours,, still waiting 🙉happy days 🤩

Oh wow that's amazing!! What a great result.
I do sometimes wonder whether we overthink the CDT... I know a certainly do - but your results have calmed me. I can't apply for my licence back until 16th May so God knows how long the medical will be after that and right now, I'm wondering whether 2 (measured) gins tonight will affect my scores in the long run lmao. (I know that sounds ridiculous - the anxiety around CDT/medical and passing it is just really on my mind). I drink well within and below the 14 units a week and sometimes go a few weeks without a drop so I know I'm being silly.
Anyway, you can now relax knowing you'll pass it on 31st with flying colours. Happy for you and thanks for sharing! X
Hi I have just had my CDT Test today and wondering if I will pass I had around 20 units on 1st April and then aprox 20 again on 2nd April and then had 3 weak shandy’s at a meal on 7th April then nothing else upto my medical today (20th April) I drink most weekends but never in the week I wonder if I am looking at failing or passing ??

I know mate it's tough to have it hanging over your head. But the utter shame and embarrassment at the beginning, I wouldn't tell anyone what I'd done. Now I dont mind, I tell everyone, in the hope it night help someone else, as I wasnt arrested I was rescued
Love this,,, wasn't arrested just rescued,, I too have looked at it like that ☺️

Hi I have just had my CDT Test today and wondering if I will pass I had around 20 units on 1st April and then aprox 20 again on 2nd April and then had 3 weak shandy’s at a meal on 7th April then nothing else upto my medical today (20th April) I drink most weekends but never in the week I wonder if I am looking at failing or passing ??
What were you drinking for the 12 months prior to April though? If you're having 2/3 pints on a Friday night and that's it, you should be fine. If you've been doing 20 units on a Friday and another 20 on a Saturday, I'd say it's gonna take a good few weeks to get your CDT down to an acceptable level. I'm no expert on CDT levels though, so I'll cross my fingers for you. Let us know how you get on.

Get a private test for peace of mind, I think it's so hard to judge what it will be cos we are all different. The last 12 months for me have been mixed, drinking quite heavily for a lot of it, over 20 units most weeks, some a lot heavier, the last few months I started to calm down, but still drank. Then the last 4 weeks drank nothing. Got 0.6

What were you drinking for the 12 months prior to April though? If you're having 2/3 pints on a Friday night and that's it, you should be fine. If you've been doing 20 units on a Friday and another 20 on a Saturday, I'd say it's gonna take a good few weeks to get your CDT down to an acceptable level. I'm no expert on CDT levels though, so I'll cross my fingers for you. Let us know how you get on.
Mostly 20 units most Saturday night

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off