Medical appointment

Convicted Driver Insurance

movinonup

Hi
I have just received my CDT medical letter, to which i have to reply to withing 4 day's ,
I had a blow out at the weekend (brothers 50th)and my letter landed this morning ,
Once i make appointment will it be with the next week or so? as i worried my CDT be high .
TIA

Hi
I have just received my CDT medical letter, to which i have to reply to withing 4 day's ,
I had a blow out at the weekend (brothers 50th)and my letter landed this morning ,
Once i make appointment will it be with the next week or so? as i worried my CDT be high .
TIA
You need to make the appointment within the next 6 weeks. It really depends on what the availability of the Dr that you have been assigned. Some Dr's will only do DVLA appointments once a month, so it could be that your Dr can only see you in a weeks time. Your CDT is dependent on your recent drinking history, one blow out will not necessarily raise your levels by that much but it depends what you were drinking prior to this. If you have not had a drink for 6 months then had this one off then you should be fine

I agree with BigTom, with a one off (but not knowing what your ‘blow out’ actually was) the general belief is that a single binge can raise your CDT level for a week or 10 days. If you were drinking within guidelines before then for a few weeks (14 units, spread out over the week) you will be OK with a reasonable CDT result.

You need to make the appointment within the next 6 weeks. It really depends on what the availability of the Dr that you have been assigned. Some Dr's will only do DVLA appointments once a month, so it could be that your Dr can only see you in a weeks time. Your CDT is dependent on your recent drinking history, one blow out will not necessarily raise your levels by that much but it depends what you were drinking prior to this. If you have not had a drink for 6 months then had this one off then you should be fine
[/QUO
i have couple of pints after work here and there, but not every day , i have read after two weeks of not drinking CDT levels fall gives a indication of alcohol consumption, but i also read different, that takes longer ,.. it's all a bit confusing

I agree with BigTom, with a one off (but not knowing what your ‘blow out’ actually was) the general belief is that a single binge can raise your CDT level for a week or 10 days. If you were drinking within guidelines before then for a few weeks (14 units, spread out over the week) you will be OK with a reasonable CDT result.
Thank you ,

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off