Medical and scared.

Convicted Driver Insurance

Boop

Hi all,
I am terribly scared at the moment.
I got a 17 month ban on 21st April 2011, reduced to 13 months by taking the drink driving course. I blew 88 - just point 7 into the high risk offender catagory, meaning I have to take a medical. I should be able to drive again by the end of May, which is feeling like such a relief, however I am scared now, after reading about how indepth they go when you go to get tested. I have not had any alcohol since the 2nd of December 2011, so was confident I'd be ok. I've also had bloods done at my clinic, and they were all fine. Here are my concerns tho....

1. I am Bi-Polar, and so take meds to stabilize my symptoms.

2. My eyesight has deteriated quite dramatically over the last 2 months as I have changed job within the company Ive worked for for years, and I am now 100% computer focussed.

3. ...The one that has really freaked me, is I have had a short course of diazapam (since my last bloods), to get me through a family crisis. I had no idea how long it stays in your system, untill I googled it, and Im just wondering how all this is going to affect me getting my licence back.

Just wondered if anyone had any idea, on how this will all be judged.

xxx

Hi all,
I am terribly scared at the moment.
I got a 17 month ban on 21st April 2011, reduced to 13 months by taking the drink driving course. I blew 88 - just point 7 into the high risk offender catagory, meaning I have to take a medical. I should be able to drive again by the end of May, which is feeling like such a relief, however I am scared now, after reading about how indepth they go when you go to get tested. I have not had any alcohol since the 2nd of December 2011, so was confident I'd be ok. I've also had bloods done at my clinic, and they were all fine. Here are my concerns tho....

1. I am Bi-Polar, and so take meds to stabilize my symptoms.

2. My eyesight has deteriated quite dramatically over the last 2 months as I have changed job within the company Ive worked for for years, and I am now 100% computer focussed.

3. ...The one that has really freaked me, is I have had a short course of diazapam (since my last bloods), to get me through a family crisis. I had no idea how long it stays in your system, untill I googled it, and Im just wondering how all this is going to affect me getting my licence back.

Just wondered if anyone had any idea, on how this will all be judged.

xxx

Take a look at the DVLA's at a glance guide to the current medical standards of fitness to drive. It contains information about visual disorders & psychiatric disorders and whether or not they have an impact on your entitlement to drive.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off