Medical after ban - UK

Convicted Driver Insurance

meow

Sorry for the intrusion but I just don't have too much time to look this up.

Just about to set up an appointment with a doctor to get my medical. Was banned for 2 years
but have not bothered to get my license back in 7.

So, I fear I drink too much for passing the test, perhaps some +10 pints a week. But what really
worries me is the medication I'm on - it messes with the liver big time! I'm a male to female
transgender person so I'm on 6mg of oestrogen pd and 200mg of Spiro pd (testosterone blocker).

I found already: exercise, drink lotsa water, milk thistle, testosterone (which I don't want really), fast
before the test, no fatty foods, multivitamins.

Now - please let me know of all that can be done to pass. I don't really need the license to drive - I
got licenses from a handful other countries, I only need it because I must have some form of ID in my
new female name - that is all there is to it.

Kind Regards
/Gio

Sorry for the intrusion but I just don't have too much time to look this up.

Just about to set up an appointment with a doctor to get my medical. Was banned for 2 years
but have not bothered to get my license back in 7.

So, I fear I drink too much for passing the test, perhaps some +10 pints a week. But what really
worries me is the medication I'm on - it messes with the liver big time! I'm a male to female
transgender person so I'm on 6mg of oestrogen pd and 200mg of Spiro pd (testosterone blocker).

I found already: exercise, drink lotsa water, milk thistle, testosterone (which I don't want really), fast
before the test, no fatty foods, multivitamins.

Now - please let me know of all that can be done to pass. I don't really need the license to drive - I
got licenses from a handful other countries, I only need it because I must have some form of ID in my
new female name - that is all there is to it.

Kind Regards
/Gio

The current medical guidelines for fitness to drive state the following:

"Persistent alcohol misuse, confirmed by medical enquiry and/or by evidence of otherwise unexplained abnormal blood markers, requires licence revocation or refusal until a minimum six month period of controlled drinking or abstinence has been attained, with normalisation of blood parameters."

If you think your blood markers may be abnormal due the medication you are prescribed and currently taking then make sure the DVLA appointed doctor is aware of any and all medication you are on. Your medical records will also show any and all medication you are prescribed. If your blood markers are abnormal due to the medication your are taking then this is obviously a legitimate explanation as to why. More information on the DVLA medical can be found here.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off