Medical after 2nd ban for dd

Convicted Driver Insurance

Larryman1988

Thoughts please I got medical comeing up 5th Feb came of my ban 14th Dec I had a 4 Yr ban my first dd was march 2007 then 2016 but I got caught twice in 24hrs 🤬🤡 I no dont even go there long story
But basically I do like a beer I must say but my last sort of 8/10cans of fosters was new years eve now im pretty active work as groundworker so good ole busy day but do on average up till November 15 cans of fostors a week since then cut bk drastically and nothing since new years eve wat else do they check because as I no in there eyes this guy defo aint learnt ive never disclosed any alcohol problems with a dr now could that be good thing or worse. is it worth me canceling the medical and wait few more weeks or months as dont realy want to wait 6/12 mts if I fail due to cdt thanks in advance oh I also got dd40 this aint looking good I no ffs excuse me fire away at me what I dont want to hear 😉

Thoughts please I got medical comeing up 5th Feb came of my ban 14th Dec I had a 4 Yr ban my first dd was march 2007 then 2016 but I got caught twice in 24hrs 🤬🤡 I no dont even go there long story
But basically I do like a beer I must say but my last sort of 8/10cans of fosters was new years eve now im pretty active work as groundworker so good ole busy day but do on average up till November 15 cans of fostors a week since then cut bk drastically and nothing since new years eve wat else do they check because as I no in there eyes this guy defo aint learnt ive never disclosed any alcohol problems with a dr now could that be good thing or worse. is it worth me canceling the medical and wait few more weeks or months as dont realy want to wait 6/12 mts if I fail due to cdt thanks in advance oh I also got dd40 this aint looking good I no ffs excuse me fire away at me what I dont want to hear 😉
Stay totally of the drink up until your medical and cdt levels should be fine but just bare in mind they can ask for a second medical in some cases

You will certainly have a challenge on your hands getting your license back. I’ve heard the second time around there will be more thorough GP reports.
If there is anything on your File about alcohol misuse, abuse or dependency you will be in a fight for the long haul getting your license back.

again, you need to come to a decision alcohol or your licence?

there should be nothing on file from my gp as I've never been to him regarding it but i did have probation in which they wanted me to do alcohol corse for drink but due to me being in full time job it wasn't something I could do without losing pay and maybe my job so they said work was more important they whould be the only organisation with info regarding alcohol and thats is it for the alcohol I need this bk now been far too long and now with two young kids wife etc now 33 I have grown up the festival days are long gone with the lads 👦

DVLA are sure to make medical enquiries with your GP after your list of offences. Given the current Covid situation there may be a delay in that process.
There is also the isssue of if DVLA give you your licence back, you will only get a provisional licence (because of the DD40) and witll also have to undertake an extended driving test. This could take months to obtain an appointment as they are all on hold again, leading to a huge backlog.

Done a medicheks came bk 0.6 test was 28/01 I got the results today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210204-162314_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210204-162314_Samsung Internet.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 6
Done a medicheks came bk 0.6 test was 28/01 I got the results today
That's not too shabby based on what you said you were drinking beforehand. Good luck for medical, based on Medichecks you should be fine on the CDT. Make sure your GP is up to date with your circumstances as after your medical they are sure to write to him!

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off