Lost a job over a drink drive conviction?

Convicted Driver Insurance

anemone

I see many references to lost jobs here. Would any of those who have lost a job owing to a drink drive conviction be willing briefly to say how it happened? I'd be interested to know the reason for the job loss, i.e. the result of no longer being able to drive to work, employer let you go for reasons of conviction, etc. Many thanks x

I needed a driving/motorcycle license for my job :)

I won't be able to work in the industry again until its spent. On good terms with my ex-boss though.

No immediately, and then ultimately yes.

In short, said they had my back at first, should have told them sooner rather than take emergency holiday for 5 days while I panicked and can’t really recall very well what else, would have helped sooner if known including legal help… buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it was all bollocks. They couldn’t wait to give me the bullet after that. Which they ****ed anyway due to bogus reasons, and so we had to reach an agreement over it anyway.

The collateral was bad. It’s an incestuous industry in which I work, and it’s taken a long time to restore some semblance of pride. But I wasn’t the first in that industry to behave like a tool and get laughed at roundly for that. And I am pretty certain I won’t be the last either. And - meanwhile -they’ve all got lives to live anyway once I’m no longer that funny.

I see many references to lost jobs here. Would any of those who have lost a job owing to a drink drive conviction be willing briefly to say how it happened? I'd be interested to know the reason for the job loss, i.e. the result of no longer being able to drive to work, employer let you go for reasons of conviction, etc. Many thanks x

I was working for a company whereby I needed to commute from A to B as part of the role in works time. The loss of my driving licence meant I could not comply with the terms & conditions of my contract of employment. Therefore, the potential outcome would have been dismissal, but I resigned there & then because I had enough to contend with due to the looming court appearance. In hindsight, I didn't like the job and it was making me miserable, so the DD conviction at least did me a favour in forcing my own hand.

CJ

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off