looking for advise(HR0)

Convicted Driver Insurance

rambo1011

Good Afternoon All,

I am just looking for a bit of advise please.

I was first banned from Drink driving in Aug 2016 for 14 months, then I got my License back. Last year in December I was convicted of being in charge of a vehicle and got 9 months bans which ends in September.

Would I be classed as HRO or can I apply for my license as normal. I've ringing DVLA but can't get through.

thank you

Good Afternoon All,

I am just looking for a bit of advise please.

I was first banned from Drink driving in Aug 2016 for 14 months, then I got my License back. Last year in December I was convicted of being in charge of a vehicle and got 9 months bans which ends in September.

Would I be classed as HRO or can I apply for my license as normal. I've ringing DVLA but can't get through.

thank you
Hi Rambo

Although the 2 offences are not counted towards making the 2nd offence a minimum 3 year ban, it is relevant regarding being an HRO unfortunately.

As you are classed as an HRO you will be required to undergo a medical prior to the licence being renewed.

Bigtom is correct. This second conviction does not trigger a 3 year ban because it was for being ‘in charge’, BUT it does mean that DVLA will trigger the High Risk Offender scheme and require you to have a medical at the end of your ban, so get your application in 90 days before the ban is up, either with the D27 that they will send to you, or with a D1 form from the post office.

many thanks for the advice. do you guys think for a heavy drinker 3 months sobriety be enough to lower the CDT levels to a safe level.

many thanks for the advice. do you guys think for a heavy drinker 3 months sobriety be enough to lower the CDT levels to a safe level.
Yes 3 months is fine….. but the questionnaire asks about alcohol consumption in the past year, and if DVLA enquire with your GP they ask about any alcohol, drug or mental health issues in the past 6 years, a low CDT score it not the only deciding factor.

Yes 3 months is fine….. but the questionnaire asks about alcohol consumption in the past year, and if DVLA enquire with your GP they ask about any alcohol, drug or mental health issues in the past 6 years, a low CDT score it not the only deciding factor.
I've never been to doctors with alcohol related issues. But few years back i had a stressful event and i couldn't sleep. Doctors pescribed mirtazapine to me for a month. But nothing major then that.

I am sure they only ask if you have had any mental health issues in the past 3 years so if outside this you should be fine ...

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off