Life is over

Convicted Driver Insurance

Rm0892

Hi guys,

ive recently been caught drink driving, last week.

My life has been a mess since. I’m smoking 40 cigs a day and cannot imagine what life will be like after.

my reading was very high and I was involved in a RTC. Just me. No one else was involved or hurt.

I suffer from depression usually but this has made everything so much worse.

has anyone got any advice on how I should deal with thing over the next few months.

Start by stopping saying life is over. It’s not.
Lots of us here have been through it, It seems overwhelming at the beginning, but you will get through it.
Every question and scenareo you have in your head has been asked and answered here many times, so you are in good company. If you post your breath/blood readings and the circumstances, then somebody will tell you what to expect.

Hi guys,

My life has been a mess since. I’m smoking 40 cigs a day and cannot imagine what life will be like after.

my reading was very high and I was involved in a RTC. Just me. No one else was involved or hurt.

has anyone got any advice on how I should deal with thing over the next few months.
Your life most certainly is not over and you can find a way back. You say you suffer from depression . I would urge you to go to your GP or talk to someone as doing so will surely help you. Similarly, speak to a solicitor if you want advice re your court appearance. Nearly everyone who posts on here has been in your position . We are proof that you can overcome this .

Your life most certainly is not over and you can find a way back. You say you suffer from depression . I would urge you to go to your GP or talk to someone as doing so will surely help you. Similarly, speak to a solicitor if you want advice re your court appearance. Nearly everyone who posts on here has been in your position . We are proof that you can overcome this .
Read through posts over last year so many in your position & so much advice to draw upon
But life iisnt over how bad it feels

Hi guys,

What is done is done, you cannot change the events of that day.
The main thing you need to do is to address your relationship with alcohol. You suffer with depression and drink a lot of alcohol…… which is a depressant! You will not get clarity of mind, not the strength to face the court appearance unless you put your life in order.
You cannot control the process of you getting banned, but you can control the way your life is going.
There are various organisations that can help you, including A.A. (Not suiting everyone but unless you try you will never know) and seek help for your depression so that you do not “rely” on alcohol…. Which in reality is making your depression worse.

Morning

For me the first few weeks or months of a drink driving offence are the hardest. I would say the arrest and court appearance are definitely the worst period to go through. Once the court appearance is out of the way, you will start to slowly move forward.

I was slapped with 100 hours community service when I was convicted (due to my high reading). For me, as soon as I had completed all my hours and the CS company signed me off, this was a massive weight off my shoulders and I began to relax and embrace life again.

Alcohol is definately a major impact factor with your mood at present. As we all know, alcohol is an anti-depressant and it will make you more miserable. I would just say just cut out the drinking, but I would seek medical advice as you may need professional support to knock the booze on the head.

CJ

Thanks all.

my reading was 130. But I’m pending blood tests at the moment.

my life was starting to turn upward until this.

I really don’t feel there’s life after this.

Listen to what others have put that have been in the same position as you are now. Alcohol has brought this problem to you, it will not provide any answers in the coming weeks, only more grief.
If you are awaiting blood results then it could be 4-7 months before you face court, use this experience as a trigger to address your issues.
Can I ask why you had to give blood if your reading was 130? Was that a roadside reading, did you go to hospital or was there a problem with the breath test machine?

Listen to what others have put that have been in the same position as you are now. Alcohol has brought this problem to you, it will not provide any answers in the coming weeks, only more grief.
If you are awaiting blood results then it could be 4-7 months before you face court, use this experience as a trigger to address your issues.
Can I ask why you had to give blood if your reading was 130? Was that a roadside reading, did you go to hospital or was there a problem with the breath test machine?
Thanks,

I had a head injury so needed medical attention at the hospital.

in fear I’ll lose my job and everything else in my life due to this.

Thanks,

I said to my friend , whilst still very depressed, shocked ,and suffering from effects of alcohol, ( much , I imagine like yourself ), that I had ruined my life. She told me matter of factly that I’d only have ruined it if I let it be ruined. That was true for me , and will be for you.

Thanks,

I'd suggest looking to get some CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) which helps you think about things differently - speak to your GP or you can look for private counsellors offering it.

Losing your licence is a real pain, I won't lie, but it really isn't the end of everything.

It is pointless looking backwards, you can't change it, instead try to look forwards. After a period of time, things will get easier - I promise! Take a big step now and try to cut out the booze, many people find that their depression, anxiety, mood swings etc. are actually caused by alcohol. I know it isn't easy to stop, but it really does help in the longer term.

It's been mentioned about trying AA. I know it isn't for everybody, but it might just help. You don't have to sit in a circle and declare yourself an alcoholic, you don't have to become a God botherer, you can just sit and listen. Listening to others' stories helped me. I know it made me understand that I wasn't on my own and others felt the same and struggled the same as me.

Over the next few weeks, keep your head down and concentrate on the most important thing - yourself. Get the court case over and move forward. If you lose your job, so what - get another one! Stick around on this forum, you will find loads of good advice and hopefully realise that there are others in a much worse situation who have turned the corner and come out the other side.

From what you have said so far, you have reached rock bottom. The choice is yours now, you either crawl around at the bottom or realise that the only way forwards from here is upwards!

We have all been where you are pal alot of whys but at the end of the day its done.
If you have a problem with alcohol start by addressing that if you taking medication for your depression the alcohol which is a depressant will have a counter effect so your head will be all over the place.
The first couple of months are hard because the mistake is fresh in your memory but after time that will fade and you will accept responsibility for what you did you made a mistake.
Anyway good luck and use this forum like other people have said its a great tool to look at past posts so you are not alone in the way you are feeling right now

We have all been where you are pal alot of whys but at the end of the day its done.
If you have a problem with alcohol start by addressing that if you taking medication for your depression the alcohol which is a depressant will have a counter effect so your head will be all over the place.
The first couple of months are hard because the mistake is fresh in your memory but after time that will fade and you will accept responsibility for what you did you made a mistake.
Anyway good luck and use this forum like other people have said its a great tool to look at past posts so you are not alone in the way you are feeling right now
Hi Guy,

I already accept I’ve made a mistake. But my life has been such a mess since. And all the plans I’ve had for the future. A new job, wife, kids etc are all gone.

Im really struggling to see past it all.

Hi Guy,

I already accept I’ve made a mistake. But my life has been such a mess since. And all the plans I’ve had for the future. A new job, wife, kids etc are all gone.

Try and keep your head up. If you do have a problem with alcohol I highly recommend going to an AA meeting. So many people who you can talk to. Personally it helped me take things a day at a time and relieved me of all the stresses of the future.
The horrible thoughts and outlook will pass, hang in there.

Try and keep your head up. If you do have a problem with alcohol I highly recommend going to an AA meeting. So many people who you can talk to. Personally it helped me take things a day at a time and relieved me of all the stresses of the future.
The horrible thoughts and outlook will pass, hang in there.
Thank you mate.

I think I’m going to. It happened last Saturday. And I’ve been drinking everyday since. Feel so bad as I know it’s done my body damage. I feel so ashamed of myself.

The only person that knows is my brother. And I know/feel he will hold this over me. He’s not being very supportive at the moment.

Thank you mate.

I think I’m going to. It happened last Saturday. And I’ve been drinking everyday since. Feel so bad as I know it’s done my body damage. I feel so ashamed of myself.

The only person that knows is my brother. And I know/feel he will hold this over me. He’s not being very supportive at the moment.
No problem mate. Get yourself to a meeting and see what you think. The important thing is you don’t need to go through this alone. If you find AA isn’t for you there are other options, but why not give it a go.
I’ve been there. I went to my first meeting a few days after my arrest and it has helped change my perspective. These feelings will pass with time. The alcohol will only be further reinforcing your anxieties as well as damaging your body. Brighter days are ahead of you.

Thank you mate.

Alcohol has brought you shame, yet you continue to embrace it, strive to break free…….

Hi guys,

I have been in your position especially with the chain smoking due to the depression and anxiety of the situation and how it effects your mental health. All I can say is don't turn to drink or drugs and try not to smoke so much ( i know its hard) but in the long run don't damage your health over this. Im one of the lucky ones my bloods came back under the limit so no further action was taken. The most Important thing is to learn from this and to never make the same mistake again. Stay strong.

Hi Guy,

Hi,

You are not alone! If anything I found this forum so helpful and responsive & still do, while now I am trying to give back the support I received during it all.

Feel free to PM me if you are feeling down, happy to help.

Kind regards,

Stu

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off