License refused CDT 0.3% Please help

Convicted Driver Insurance
The fact they have put us in the dependant bracket and required to show 12 months abstaining from alcohol are we also as HRO ?
We’re not supposed to be I guess but to be honest I can’t tell as a person said that to me(DVLA) after you get your license back you are not (I’ve got back mine in 2017) but when DVLA written to my Gp on their letter was saying HRO so who knows??!!🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

We’re not supposed to be I guess but to be honest I can’t tell as a person said that to me(DVLA) after you get your license back you are not (I’ve got back mine in 2017) but when DVLA written to my Gp on their letter was saying HRO so who knows??!!🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Letter was written in 2020?? So I’m pretty confused

Supposed to be gone once you regain the licence. Reason i ask looking forward section 88 would apply surly once they received a new application if we were not classed as HRO.

Supposed to be gone once you regain the licence. Reason i ask looking forward section 88 would apply surly once they received a new application if we were not classed as HRO.
To be really honest with you I’m massively disappointed in the whole system,nothing is clear,no proper explanation or information years,dates,guidelines changes with no warnings so easy to fall in their trap! No one cares no one helps! As I said before we’re just a bloody reference number not even considered as human beings! Turning our lives into the best but who gives a s…t??? In their eyes we’re all just criminals??!! Ranting is over 🤦🏻‍♀️😊

To be really honest with you I’m massively disappointed in the whole system,nothing is clear,no proper explanation or information years,dates,guidelines changes with no warnings so easy to fall in their trap! No one cares no one helps! As I said before we’re just a bloody reference number not even considered as human beings! Turning our lives into the best but who gives a s…t??? In their eyes we’re all just criminals??!! Ranting is over 🤦🏻‍♀️😊
Try and put it to the back of my mind but its like a little voice constantly playing in the background :cautious:

Try and put it to the back of my mind but its like a little voice constantly playing in the background :cautious:
Les, I was mistakenly diagnosed as dependent and then refused because a Dr at my surgery filled the forms in and ticked alcohol dependence. I spoke to my actual GP who bollocked that other Dr for not asking her, she then wrote to DVLA saying that I was not, and never had been dependent, but had been guilty of misuse in the past. They took a few months but eventually reinstated my licence. Over a year later (after a significant delay with S88 nonsense) they gave me my full licence back.

Worth getting GP to back you up and question DVLA. I have looked through the minutes of the Drink and Drug DVLA medical meetings and cannot see anywhere about changing the rules. I suspect some jobsworth has mistakenly seen that you admitted drinking, within government guideline I might add, and declined you. That rule is for those who have ever been classed as dependent. As far as I know, dependence means they expect you to abstain FOR LIFE (or at least until your full 10 year licence is reinstated) but misuse is within guidelines for at least 6 months.

Edit - minutes for meetings are here DVLA Meeting Minutes

Les, I was mistakenly diagnosed as dependent and then refused because a Dr at my surgery filled the forms in and ticked alcohol dependence. I spoke to my actual GP who bollocked that other Dr for not asking her, she then wrote to DVLA saying that I was not, and never had been dependent, but had been guilty of misuse in the past. They took a few months but eventually reinstated my licence. Over a year later (after a significant delay with S88 nonsense) they gave me my full licence back.

Worth getting GP to back you up and question DVLA. I have looked through the minutes of the Drink and Drug DVLA medical meetings and cannot see anywhere about changing the rules. I suspect some jobsworth has mistakenly seen that you admitted drinking, within government guideline I might add, and declined you. That rule is for those who have ever been classed as dependent. As far as I know, dependence means they expect you to abstain FOR LIFE (or at least until your full 10 year licence is reinstated) but misuse is within guidelines for at least 6 months.

Edit - minutes for meetings are here DVLA Meeting Minutes
Thanks ever so much tom i was hoping you would reply on this thread you are one of the most clued up members with a lot of detailed knowledge.

DO NOT, under any circumstances, share any information with anyone in an official position - doctor, nurse, policeman, radiographer, socail worker, council official, librarian, road-sweeper anyone about your drinking habits if you wan't to get your license back.

The DVLA are responsible for this. They've forced people to be dishonest. I hope they're proud of themselves.

Even though I haven't drank in 3 years (3 & half years to be exact), I have become very untrusting of anyone linked to the medical profession and other public services.

My dad has been admitted to hospital recently for a non-alcohol related illness and I've even advised him to be candid with any details he provides to the NHS regarding his lifestyle/diet.

CJ

It seems at the moment that DVLA are exercising their right to refuse peoples licences if they deem necessary. However, it is easy for them to tick a box and refuse you, but if you have a genuine recourse - ie have a wrong diagnosis etc., if you get your GP on board to help you appeal, there is a chance of them reversing their decision.

As you can understand, DVLA have a mandate to weed out persistent alcohol drivers, be that dependent or abusers, they take the path of least resistance and tar everyone with the same brush. This doesn't mean they are infallible, if you are right and they are wrong, fight it!!!!

I understand other comments about not mentioning alcohol to professional bodies, however those whee it is a problem I think you really need to involve outside agencies and forget about the licence issues. Get yourself right and then apply for your licence rather than try and hide your issues. In the long run everyone is a winner, you, your loved ones and friends, the local community and the population in general.

It seems at the moment that DVLA are exercising their right to refuse peoples licences if they deem necessary. However, it is easy for them to tick a box and refuse you, but if you have a genuine recourse - ie have a wrong diagnosis etc., if you get your GP on board to help you appeal, there is a chance of them reversing their decision.

As you can understand, DVLA have a mandate to weed out persistent alcohol drivers, be that dependent or abusers, they take the path of least resistance and tar everyone with the same brush. This doesn't mean they are infallible, if you are right and they are wrong, fight it!!!!

I understand other comments about not mentioning alcohol to professional bodies, however those whee it is a problem I think you really need to involve outside agencies and forget about the licence issues. Get yourself right and then apply for your licence rather than try and hide your issues. In the long run everyone is a winner, you, your loved ones and friends, the local community and the population in general.
To be fair tom my Gp has been so supportive for the last two and a half years i have continued to have 3 monthly LFT done so i am hoping this is key to get them to change their position.

BigTom

I think it goes without saying this site is a valuable source of information for everyone and the benefits speak for themselves. Given what has happened with topchippyles, this has made me reflect on my own situation. I am yet to do my second DVLA medical and I can say truthfully that I have not drank anything for 3.5 years with the 4 August 2019 still etched on my brain. I am more than confident that I will get my next licence without a hitch, but I am just thankful for accessing this site and keeping myself on my toes with the DVLA who are a set of sharks.

As for the outside agencies and other professionals - I have the upmost respect for the NHS and doctors, even the police & ambulance service (I wouldn't include Social Services in that list though!). My biggest gripe is that because some of us who have fallen foul of the HRO label - we need to be extra careful with revealing anything in our lifestyle to third parties that may come back to bite us. I would never put neither myself or others in danger again, but I think its fair to say some of us seem to be unfairly punished by the DVLA which is both frustrating and soul destroying.

CJ

BigTom

I think it goes without saying this site is a valuable source of information for everyone and the benefits speak for themselves. Given what has happened with topchippyles, this has made me reflect on my own situation. I am yet to do my second DVLA medical and I can say truthfully that I have not drank anything for 3.5 years with the 4 August 2019 still etched on my brain. I am more than confident that I will get my next licence without a hitch, but I am just thankful for accessing this site and keeping myself on my toes with the DVLA who are a set of sharks.

As for the outside agencies and other professionals - I have the upmost respect for the NHS and doctors, even the police & ambulance service (I wouldn't include Social Services in that list though!). My biggest gripe is that because some of us who have fallen foul of the HRO label - we need to be extra careful with revealing anything in our lifestyle to third parties that may come back to bite us. I would never put neither myself or others in danger again, but I think its fair to say some of us seem to be unfairly punished by the DVLA which is both frustrating and soul destroying.

CJ
I feel exactly the same! We’re all made a mistake,everyone has their own issues! It’s not an excuse but we’re all struggling with issues in our lives! Ok we made a mistake a massive one but it doesn’t mean we can’t and we won’t change! But when we are treated like this it’s hard to keep going as feels like nobody cares about how hard we were trying to make things better all they do looking at what we have done,not the progress or the changes matters to them! And I think that’s not fair not right not encouraging at all!?!

Even though I haven't drank in 3 years (3 & half years to be exact), I have become very untrusting of anyone linked to the medical profession and other public services.

My dad has been admitted to hospital recently for a non-alcohol related illness and I've even advised him to be candid with any details he provides to the NHS regarding his lifestyle/diet.

CJ
My point was directed at those trying to be honest when applying for their license to be reinstated and being treated unfairly by jobsworth box-tickers.

Not people who are ill.

My point was directed at those trying to be honest when applying for their license to be reinstated and being treated unfairly by jobsworth box-tickers.

Not people who are ill.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of jobsworths in any walk of like. The worst culprits are usually those people who work in roles like private security, parking enforcement or revenue protection on buses/trains.

CJ

Not people who are ill.

Unfortunately, there are plenty of jobsworths in any walk of like. The worst culprits are usually those people who work in roles like private security, parking enforcement or revenue protection on buses/trains.

CJ

If you can download the app “my Gp” you can access your medical documents without wasting time with DVLA as for them would take 30 working days (as I have found out from them) so keep digging! You might find something worth it
My access request with the DVLA only took 5 working days for access to everything, just have to be specific about what documents you are after.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off