License had been returned early but HRO

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi everyone. My period of disqualification ended yesterday as I went to the magistrates after two years and asked for my licence back. I was successful and the clerk told me that they emailed the DVLA immediately to inform them. I need a medical as I am HRO (twice in 10 years). It says that the DVLA write to you within 90 days of ban ending but obviously I have not had that as ban was 3 years. I need it back ASAP (don’t we all!!). Should I go to my own doctor on Monday? I quit drinking after my second offence so I have no concerns about the medical. It seems a bit unfair if the medical process will massively slow the return. Thanks guys.

Hi everyone. My period of disqualification ended yesterday as I went to the magistrates after two years and asked for my licence back. I was successful and the clerk told me that they emailed the DVLA immediately to inform them. I need a medical as I am HRO (twice in 10 years). It says that the DVLA write to you within 90 days of ban ending but obviously I have not had that as ban was 3 years. I need it back ASAP (don’t we all!!). Should I go to my own doctor on Monday? I quit drinking after my second offence so I have no concerns about the medical. It seems a bit unfair if the medical process will massively slow the return. Thanks guys.
You need to get a D1 form from the post office and send it to DVLA with the fee of £90. That will kick start the process. DVLA will do nothing until they receive your application (and will not do much then in a hurry !)
You may well be facing another 3-4 months before you can actually drive

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off