Licence refused, how to prove no alcohol for a year?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi 220899, right sounds a good idea! Better to wait the extra month or 2 rather than apply too early and have it rejected. It might be worth messaging luna2000 on here, she's been in exactly the same boat as us and has got her licence back. I don't think it's worth getting a private CDT test done, but definitely worth getting the LFT'S (liver function tests as they're now called) every 3 months by your gp.
Definitely worth messaging luna2000 she might have a better idea. Please keep me updated, as there's not many of us in the same situation as I've seen on here. Hope to speak to you soon 👍
Hi Dave.

Luna here.

I'm actually a guy, but in this crazy mixed up PC world, I'm beginning to question even that as fact.

Not sure what I can identify as.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hi Dave.

Luna here.

I'm actually a guy, but in this crazy mixed up PC world, I'm beginning to question even that as fact.

Not sure what I can identify as.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Hi Luna,

🤣🤣🤣 that's great lol.. sorry mate I just had it in my head that you were a lady 🤣🤣 for some reason, l don't know why lol..
I hope your well 👍

Hi Luna,

🤣🤣🤣 that's great lol.. sorry mate I just had it in my head that you were a lady 🤣🤣 for some reason, l don't know why lol..
I hope your well 👍
Nah, I'm far too hairy to be a girl.

But I've had my licence back since Feb 2022 (only a 1 year one though,) and haven't had a drink since July 2019, so doing ok as far as the driving is concerned.

I'm not looking forward to having to re-apply again later this year given the delays.

But I've had my licence back since Feb 2022 (only a 1 year one though,) and haven't had a drink since July 2019, so doing ok as far as the driving is concerned.

I'm not looking forward to having to re-apply again later this year given the delays.
I know its a drink drive forum but we can still have a laugh amongst our selves

Lol.. that's probably what I'll be getting, a 1 year one..
Have you been having regular LFT'S done again this year Luna or not ?

Fun fact: In Texas, you automatically lose your license for 6 months if you refuse the breathalizer. Even if you managed to avoid going to jail for it, you still lose your license.

Update on my journey
Finally receive my letter to book medical and letter gone to GP for proof of 12 month abstinence
I am now 16 months on record I finally see the light
THEN the unexpected happens
I fall taking my dogs for a walk Broke my wrist smashed my shoulder spine fracture and query why I fell with heart monitor on to record
Nothing to report on my heart scan was clear but on discharge to wear a heart tape for 2 weeks as unexplained fall no driving for 6 months fractures heal within 3-6 weeks
SO where does this leave me I have 12 weeks to book medical and GP will have this information from hospital to complete his questionnaire
Do I contact DVLA to now push back medical
I am devastated as far as I was concerned I am fit healthy and no explanation as to this fall Also had to cancel 2 year lifetime planning holiday to Barbados for my husband 60th birthday due to fly in 3 weeks All gone up in smoke
Devastated

Hi diesel2

I have attached the two parts of the letter stating I have to provide evidence. I will be ringing DVLA this morning and ask to speak to a medical doctor to ask what they want. I’ve got a feeling I’m going to have to pay for these evidence tests throughout the year if my GP is reluctant to carry them out due to them being a private matter and not NHS work .... more expense!!! View attachment 3View attachment 4
If?

Fun fact: In Texas, you automatically lose your license for 6 months if you refuse the breathalizer. Even if you managed to avoid going to jail for it, you still lose your license.
Same in UK, but it's an automatic 12mth DQ. Then because you refused, you're considered a high-risk offender.

Update on my journey
Finally receive my letter to book medical and letter gone to GP for proof of 12 month abstinence
I am now 16 months on record I finally see the light
THEN the unexpected happens
I fall taking my dogs for a walk Broke my wrist smashed my shoulder spine fracture and query why I fell with heart monitor on to record
Nothing to report on my heart scan was clear but on discharge to wear a heart tape for 2 weeks as unexplained fall no driving for 6 months fractures heal within 3-6 weeks
SO where does this leave me I have 12 weeks to book medical and GP will have this information from hospital to complete his questionnaire
Do I contact DVLA to now push back medical
I am devastated as far as I was concerned I am fit healthy and no explanation as to this fall Also had to cancel 2 year lifetime planning holiday to Barbados for my husband 60th birthday due to fly in 3 weeks All gone up in smoke
Devastated
Why would you push it back? It’s nothing to to do with drink or driving?

Why would you push it back? It’s nothing to to do with drink or driving?
As they say no driving for 6 months so why would they issue a driving license as not fit to drive due to another medical condition ! next January if I can fit medical in the 12 week window and I pass cdt it still requires no driving until May I see it as a nit fit to drive

As they say no driving for 6 months so why would they issue a driving license as not fit to drive due to another medical condition ! next January if I can fit medical in the 12 week window and I pass cdt it still requires no driving until May I see it as a nit fit to drive
But you can still get your license back but not use it.

In regards to being asked for 12 months no drinking. I was also told this via a letter. When i called to ask how this works/how often i need to test etc, and how do i organise the tests. They told me i dont need to do anything.
Just thay they will do a blood test in 10 months time. So in theory i dint have to abstain for a year. Just cut back and have a month or two off near the test. I wont obviously, I'll quit for a year. But thats essentially what he told me.
So dumb.

But you can still get your license back but not use it.
Really I’m still within the 12 weeks for my medical soo I’ll book in the new year as other than healing I’m fit lol soo hopefully I can get my licence back which will be a start
Thanks for your encouragement

Update... my GP spoke to the DVLA doctors and apparently my blood test results came back as satisfactory!!! Can you believe it my blood test results are FINE!!! It’s because I went to the doctors 2 and a half years ago because of my heavy drinking. My GP confirmed that was the case!!! The DVLA doctors also told my GP that I don’t need to take any regular testing with them to prove my abstinence from alcohol for the next year. They told my GP I need to apply for my licence 8 weeks before my year is up and they will then do their medical investigations again. I’m assuming I will have to take another medical as well as them contacting my doctor again to check I haven’t seeked any help about drinking. I went to my doctor as soon as I got the letter and logged with them I’m not drinking so it’s a year from then. So to confirm I do nothing for a year, no testing?!? And they’re just going to take my word for it? Im wondering if the DVLA will write to me in a few months and request a random medical to check up on my drinking?? How else will they know I’ve stopped. I will continue with not drinking for this year, my licence is too important to me to take any chances!!! But I’m just so annoyed my blood results were fine!!!
This is exactly what happened to me. I was refused after a 0.6% blood test and told to show 12 months abstinence after my GP stated on their forms to them that I was dependent but it’s been controlled for 24 months and that I am fit to drive and no longer dependent, I had to get another private letter from my GP stating the same thing. Currently going through an appeal with the courts, and the DVLA have sent yet another form to my GP to get more evidence that I’m fit to drive before they reconsider🤯 … the DVLA need to change the way they do things, ive been sober for near enough 2 years but we’re all scrutinised for our past. The appeal has been going on since July! I hope for the best for you all guys, it’s a horrible long journey!

Hi everyone hope you all had a great Christmas, my license was due back in march 2021 DVLA said I have to prove 1 years alcohol free which is fine but I’m not sure do I have to have a new medical? Secondly what is the level of left’s mine are 36? I’ve logged with g.p done everything I need to, how many left’s do you need? I’ve not had one done since September 22
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off