Licence refused, how to prove no alcohol for a year?

Convicted Driver Insurance
S88 MAY apply to you, because your conviction was before June 2013.
Can you confirm exactly when you applied this time for your licence back?
Have you had any acknowledgement from DVLA?
What happened when you did not do your medical last year… what did DVLA say to you?
In 1999 were you just convicted of drink driving
or were there any other offences?
Has your GP said that he / she has no concerns about you driving? (You need to ask, not presume)
Short answers would be appreciated as I find it hard reading your lengthy posts!
I'll be keep it short, but I their computer said "yes"

I'd no issues with my gp, it's actually my 2nd app,,, 2001, I was 1 of 000"s who were in error sent license, I had to cancel 2 medicals with the SOAB Co I work for, and I my medical extended, which I as they'd recieved my GP reports back, 7th 08 2018, so my 3rd med cancelled through something as you said, but long posts it wud take, so (how many letters are we allowed,? I'd change the Web page design and get unlim bandwidth, but I've seen far longer than mine, I answer people politely but tend to get a sarcastic reply, so anyway, I'm just riding it out now, so I got my orig docs back 3 weeks ago, so that's a start, so 21 half yrs, so another 6 months won't hurt eh!
You are going off at a tangent AGAIN !!
Can you please read through the questions I asked and reply to each one, with NO extra ‘asides’. Then I can give you a proper opinion as to if S88 applies, and for how long.

Sorry Craig, forgot to mention that I am now scared of complaining to my GP practice because of the power they seem to have over HROs and could go out of their way to stop me ever having a licence!

My husband however thinks I should be complaining to the Practice over this terrible unjust mess they have made and for which I am suffering, not the doctor who made the mistakes in the first place and caused me so much grief. He also thinks my GP wants me to just go away rather than admit he should have completed the form himself, or at least checked it, and is annoyed I have had to challenge the young female GP and rock the boat!

I am back on antidepressants and wonder if this will go against me too (30 mg citalopram daily).

Thanks
All I can say is ffs 🙉,, my gp said cytalopram is fine as half the country is on it for all sorts of reasons, I take 20mg daily purely for mood swings,, but the ****ers can assume, jump to conclusions and make up what they bloody well feel like,, I wreckon this is all a test they push us way over the edge to see if we'll cave in and drink..

Hi all, I have just got a letter from Dvla refusing my licence for a year due to dependence some time ago (but within 6 years) does anyone know what dates I have to go by is it the date on the letter? Do I have to go for a medical again? Ltf’s will be higher as I’m taking a statins for high cholesterol, I will contact my g.p today for regular lft bloods and hopefully not get any run arounds from them any information would be appreciated

How

How Low can the cdt levels go
I 'scored' 0.3% with the DVLA and 0.20% with Medichecks. No alcohol for 2.5 years. How low you can go depends very much on your metabolism. All you can do is stay off the booze for a long as possible before the test.

Remember, the DVLA say that a reading <1.6% is indicative but NOT proof of no recent excessive alcohol consumption.

YES a documented year with your GP including your LFTs, your last drink date,(as this is when your new temp licence will start from) your DD2 from your GP and your DVLA medical including CDT, any abnormal blood markers will need to return to normal, without your last drink date recorded by your GP then DVLA will not take you seriously and you will be going round in circles, soooo important this medical evidence going forward, sounds mad I know but that's the way forward.....and of course LFTs LFTs LFTs ....

I am really glad that I found this site. I too have been told that my Driving Licence has been revoked because I have been honest about my very controlled alcohol consumption. I had absolutely NO idea that I had to remain abstinent from alcohol (for the rest of my life now?) in order for my licence to be renewed. I would like to know where and how this was made clear to me when I started driving again over a year ago. It would seem there is little point taking an appeal to a Magistrates Court having read this timeline. I stated on my form that my last drink was on 10th October 2019 - do they then take this as the date? My surgery have offered me a blood test free of charge and I guess my doctor can confirm my controlled drinking but am I naive enough to believe that this will sway the DVLA in any way. As people have said - this is so absolutely destructive to people's way of life : jobs, family, general mental wellbeing. I can name many people who are alcohol dependent and who are never challenged. I feel that I have paid for being honest on the form. Surely our legal system and human rights state that we are 'innocent until proven guilty'. Where is there any evidence whatsoever that I have ever gotten into my car under the influence of alcohol in the last 18 months.
Hi Nicoola, do you know if the DVLA always check your medical records if you have to do the medical, ie CDT test and filling out the medical questionnaire ? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Hi Nicoola, do you know if the DVLA always check your medical records if you have to do the medical, ie CDT test and filling out the medical questionnaire ? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
Probably yes Dave321. You should work on the assumption that they will and pre-empt by having a discussion with your GP. Even a single favourable LFT on file will help.

Perhaps asked previously, but what were your breath readings?

Probably yes Dave321. You should work on the assumption that they will and pre-empt by having a discussion with your GP. Even a single favourable LFT on file will help.

Perhaps asked previously, but what were your breath readings?
Hi thanks for getting back so quickly, I have 2 offences so HRO 1 was over prescribed limit in charge of vehicle, the other was drink driving, blew 64 roadside then failed to provide at the station.
Do you know how long you need to have abstinence for to give a clear LFT reading ?

Hi thanks for getting back so quickly, I have 2 offences so HRO 1 was over prescribed limit in charge of vehicle, the other was drink driving, blew 64 roadside then failed to provide at the station.
Do you know how long you need to have abstinence for to give a clear LFT reading ?
Hi Dave. Same as myself. 2 offences, 2017 and 2019. Back driving now. Blew 124 and 96. The DVLA wrote to my GP both times. I haven't had a drink in over 2.5 years, but I read somewhere that your liver begins to repair itself 8 weeks after you stop drinking.

Hi Dave. Same as myself. 2 offences, 2017 and 2019. Back driving now. Blew 124 and 96. The DVLA wrote to my GP both times. I haven't had a drink in over 2.5 years, but I read somewhere that your liver begins to repair itself 8 weeks after you stop drinking.
Hi Luna, sorry I've only just seen this post. Do you think my LFT will come back clear then after 8 weeks of no alcohol, or does it only just start repairing from then ?
Did you have previous misuse on your gp file ? Also I don't suppose you know if I apply for my license and it's refused, is it a year I have to wait from the date it was rejected or is it a year from when I logged my last drink with gp to reapply ?
Sorry for all the questions .

Hi Luna, sorry I've only just seen this post. Do you think my LFT will come back clear then after 8 weeks of no alcohol, or does it only just start repairing from then ?
Did you have previous misuse on your gp file ? Also I don't suppose you know if I apply for my license and it's refused, is it a year I have to wait from the date it was rejected or is it a year from when I logged my last drink with gp to reapply ?
Sorry for all the questions .
Dave

I think it will take more than 8 weeks for your liver to return to 'normal,' but I'm not a medical person so don;t quote me.

My GP told me last December that I was classified as a dependent by them in 2014 (news to me,) but they simply referred me to Addiction Services. Strangely enough, when I first lost my licence in April 2017, I was given a full 10 year licence in May 2019, even after the DVLA wrote to my GP.

I was banned again in July 2019 and stopped drinking then. I spoke to my GP in December last year as I knew the DVLA would write to them, and explained my current sobriety and the time period. I had an LFT done, which came back okay. In July last year I had an LFT and a CDT test done via Medichecks and again the LFT was fine and my CDT level was 0.20% (DVLA CDT level was 0.3%)

Sorry, I don't know about the refusal dates.

Dave

I think it will take more than 8 weeks for your liver to return to 'normal,' but I'm not a medical person so don;t quote me.

My GP told me last December that I was classified as a dependent by them in 2014 (news to me,) but they simply referred me to Addiction Services. Strangely enough, when I first lost my licence in April 2017, I was given a full 10 year licence in May 2019, even after the DVLA wrote to my GP.

I was banned again in July 2019 and stopped drinking then. I spoke to my GP in December last year as I knew the DVLA would write to them, and explained my current sobriety and the time period. I had an LFT done, which came back okay. In July last year I had an LFT and a CDT test done via Medichecks and again the LFT was fine and my CDT level was 0.20% (DVLA CDT level was 0.3%)

Sorry, I don't know about the refusal dates.
Hi Luna, thanks for getting back. Right I'll wait another month or so then before I order the LFT test.

Right that's crazy isn't it, maybe they issued you a 10 year license because it was you first offence, still wiered tho isn't it if you had dependency on your record already.

So the DVLA CDT came in lower than the Medichecks one, that's good news then. Right ok, I'll call the DVLA up Tuesday and see what they say as to the refusal dates.

Thanks for your help anyway, you've been great 👍 x

Hi Luna, thanks for getting back. Right I'll wait another month or so then before I order the LFT test.

Right that's crazy isn't it, maybe they issued you a 10 year license because it was you first offence, still wiered tho isn't it if you had dependency on your record already.

So the DVLA CDT came in lower than the Medichecks one, that's good news then. Right ok, I'll call the DVLA up Tuesday and see what they say as to the refusal dates.

Thanks for your help anyway, you've been great 👍 x
Hi dave yeh let us know re the dates dvla go from for either last drink logged or the letter from them, thanks,, still waiting to hear from my medical on 31st March 🙉

Hi dave yeh let us know re the dates dvla go from for either last drink logged or the letter from them, thanks,, still waiting to hear from my medical on 31st March 🙉
Hi Malina, yes I'll keep you updated ok. When was the last drink that you had ?

Are you a HRO malina ? And did you have previous alcohol misuse or dependency on your gp file do you know ?

I had bout 5months no alcohol before my medical.
hi Malina, if your an HRO and you have previous alcohol misuse on your gp record then they apparently require 6 months controlled drinking so under 14 unit's per week, if you have alcohol dependency then they require 1 whole year total abstinence from alcohol and you need to log your last day that you drank with your gp so he's got it on record.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off