Licence refused, how to prove no alcohol for a year?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Tell them to get signed on asap

One is signed on as of yesterday, £220 a month plus his £225 share of the rent paid. It's enough to get by at the minute but I couldn't imagine living long term on it. The other 2 are currently working from home when their contact centres closed so they are safe for now doing web support chats. The sooner the public start following the social distancing rules the sooner we can put this mess behind us.

That's exactly it mate, food and a roof just until this is all over with.
Went to the shop last night as every thing limited to 2 ,Wanted 4 packs of durex as going to buy a little busy with the ladies, Shelf was full and still only allowed me 2 packs of 5. Only last me 2 days will that :oops:

Hi there. I recently had my medical and DVLA have written to me telling me i have to provide evidence that I have not had any alcohol for a year. I went to my doctors straight away and logged with then that I have stopped drinking and asked them to do regular testing. They refused to do this saying it’s not NHS work and to speak to the DVLA and ask them what to do. I phoned DVLA and they told me that they need regular testing and I have to provide the evidence??? I explained my doctor was reluctant to do this but they told me to ring the doctor and tell them to ring the DVLA and ask to speak to a doctor in the medical department to explain how to start providing the evidence. I phoned the doctor back, he’s still saying it’s private work but said he would call them.... NEXT THURSDAY!!! That’s another week gone by!!! I’m at my wits end here, how the hell do I prove my abstinence from alcohol?? I’m going to ring the DVLA tomorrow morning and ask to speak to a doctor myself, I can’t wait another week I want to get the ball rolling. Can anyone shed any light on how you prove to the DVLA you have been abstinent from alcohol for a year?
I'm in exactly the same boat,many rows wiv dvla over the fone.so I got my doc to write a letter out nd appeal against dvla decisions,bn off the road now nrly 4yrs nd only banned 4 13month,my appeal court date is 3rd june 2020

I'm in exactly the same boat,many rows wiv dvla over the fone.so I got my doc to write a letter out nd appeal against dvla decisions,bn off the road now nrly 4yrs nd only banned 4 13month,my appeal court date is 3rd june 2020
I know it is completely ridiculous. AND what do we do now? My doctor was doing blood tests for me but with coronavirus they are obviously not now doing it. So how am I going to be able to prove to the DVLA medically that I have been alcohol free for a year? We are being assumed to be guilty which somewhat goes in the face of British Law : 'innocent until proven guilty'.

You may be lucky but the courts are only hearing urgent stuff at the moment and I have certainly seen all of May’s work being deferred.

I know it is completely ridiculous. AND what do we do now? My doctor was doing blood tests for me but with coronavirus they are obviously not now doing it. So how am I going to be able to prove to the DVLA medically that I have been alcohol free for a year? We are being assumed to be guilty which somewhat goes in the face of British Law : 'innocent until proven guilty'.
Hiya, it is such a shit situation to be in! Dvla are twats I have been where you are my ban ended Feb 2019 and I applied for my licence but because I said I was dependant in 2014 for a short period they said I have to be abstinent for 1 year before a licence can be returned to me, I took them to court with confirmation from my gp that she thinks I am fit to drive and I’m not dependant, unfortunately the courts don’t deal with these matters all the time and went in favour of the dvla leaving me to pay for mine and the dvla court fees! Over 4grand!!! I waited the 12 months and applied they said it cannot be processed without evidence even though when I called at the time of re applying to ask what evidence I needed to supply and I was told none just fill out the forms! I ask my doctor to write me a letter and they said they won’t supply anything without dvla contacting them first! I told dvla this and their response was find a new doctor! I kicked off big time and the hung up on me! My partner called them and kicked off because no one was telling me what this evidence was and no was was willing to help later that day I got a phone call from the dvla informing me that they were going to write to my doctor and progress my application to the next stage. All the gp wrote on the form was patient states alcohol free for 12 months and patient states she is fit to drive. A week later I got my licence back (end of feb 2020) although it’s only a 1 year licence so I need to do all this again next year. you need to demand to speak to managers, if you get too annoyed like I do then add someone to the account and get them to call. I wouldn’t waste the money on court personally as I am now left paying off that 4K for the next couple years and my case was strong! At the moment though I can’t see anything being done due to the pandemic. Just to show how little call centre staff care or read your files I got my licence back in Feb, in March I called them to talk about the fine I’m paying off, I gave all my details and she then put me on hold, she came back to me and before I had chance to explain what I was calling for she said “we have all your information back from your gp and it’s with our medical team waiting to be reviewed and we will be in contact shortly” when I laughed and said no I have my licence i am calling re something else she seems shocked and embarrassed.

Hi, and nice to know you got your licence back eventually, I just wanted to congratulate you on a marvellous and detailed post on how DVLA can be so difficult and dealings with them anyone out there reading this should get a really good idea of what it can take to get your licence back, so sorry for those court fees, I myself nearly went down that road `however I chose the further medical evidence route and obviously the time scale to go with it (y)

That's interesting! A lot of similarities to me!

My doctor screwed me up with info he gave them.
Also done a year abstinence, having a private CDT to prove it. Whether they then send me off for another, I don't know.

That's interesting! A lot of similarities to me!

My doctor screwed me up with info he gave them.
Also done a year abstinence, having a private CDT to prove it. Whether they then send me off for another, I don't know.

They don't accept private CDT tests as evidence. They accept LFT tests spread across your year of abstainance from your GP.

They don't accept private CDT tests as evidence. They accept LFT tests spread across your year of abstainance from your GP.
Interesting, on my letters they invite any medical information to be considered to send it to them. No mention of LFTs requested or instructed to be asked for by my doctor. Where did you hear they want LFTs?

Interesting, on my letters they invite any medical information to be considered to send it to them. No mention of LFTs requested or instructed to be asked for by my doctor. Where did you hear they want LFTs?
Do well to listen to the advise being given by grice and honestman. Do not waste your money on private tests

I was told that by the medical section of the DVA in NI. It's because GP's don't use CDT tests, they can not reference a test result of a test they do not use so it's a pointless endeavour and a waste of money. LFT tests are the standard medical evidence that are widely accepted. LFT's are free off your GP and the DVLA will be looking results spread across your whole year of absatinance not one test at the end.

Me and Honestman have both fought this fight with the DVLA to get our licences back and that's the evidence that we had to provide to be re-licenced.

I was told that by the medical section of the DVA in NI. It's because GP's don't use CDT tests, they can not reference a test result of a test they do not use so it's a pointless endeavour and a waste of money. LFT tests are the standard medical evidence that are widely accepted. LFT's are free off your GP and the DVLA will be looking results spread across your whole year of absatinance not one test at the end.

Me and Honestman have both fought this fight with the DVLA to get our licences back and that's the evidence that we had to provide to be re-licenced.
May be different rules in NI!

May be different rules in NI!

Not different rules in NI, exact same as the mainlands medical procedure the DVLA are the parent company of the DVA and all of our licences are issued in Swansea. Honestman isn't from NI and had to provide the same evidence I did. As did many other posters on this forum.

i done the exact same thing , lost it and when i asked how the hell i was supposed to prove i had abstained for a year they said you cant really i even asked if i should go to my doctors every month for bloods and they said it was up to me!
i took it upon myself to do this thankfully i also paid for a private test when it came to finally reapplying ( waste of money ) as they still send you to a registered dvla doctors practice to do the test.
i got a year license back i have literally received the forms today to reapply but i asked them if i needed to provide proof this time and was told no, i also was told i didn't have to abstain just follow recommended safe drinking guidelines , do you think they will just reissue me another license??

i done the exact same thing , lost it and when i asked how the hell i was supposed to prove i had abstained for a year they said you cant really i even asked if i should go to my doctors every month for bloods and they said it was up to me!
i took it upon myself to do this thankfully i also paid for a private test when it came to finally reapplying ( waste of money ) as they still send you to a registered dvla doctors practice to do the test.
i got a year license back i have literally received the forms today to reapply but i asked them if i needed to provide proof this time and was told no, i also was told i didn't have to abstain just follow recommended safe drinking guidelines , do you think they will just reissue me another license??

You have been given wrong information. If you were revoked for a year and issued a temporary one year licence you can not admit to drinking at all again or this will trigger another revokation. You can only return to drinking within the guidelines when you hold a 10 year non medically restricted licence, this normally comes after 3-6 temporary licences. Other posters on this forum have been caught out by the exact same misinformation. They went back to drinking within the guidelines per the advice of the DVLA phone line then when re-application time came their application was refused for having taken a drink. At the end of the day, you're dealing with call centre staff and half of them don't have a notion what they're talking about.

You have been given wrong information. If you were revoked for a year and issued a temporary one year licence you can not admit to drinking at all again or this will trigger another revokation. You can only return to drinking within the guidelines when you hold a 10 year non medically restricted licence, this normally comes after 3-6 temporary licences. Other posters on this forum have been caught out by the exact same misinformation. They went back to drinking within the guidelines per the advice of the DVLA phone line then when re-application time came their application was refused for having taken a drink. At the end of the day, you're dealing with call centre staff and half of them don't have a notion what they're talking about.
Let me just re-iterate the post from Grice96 admit consumption of ANY alcohol will result in your license being revoked, as mine was a few years ago. Mine was 4 units over the course of a year on the form and letter straight back revoking my license for a year until I had 12 months abstinence.

Let me just re-iterate the post from Grice96 admit consumption of ANY alcohol will result in your license being revoked, as mine was a few years ago. Mine was 4 units over the course of a year on the form and letter straight back revoking my license for a year until I had 12 months abstinence.
Yeah, I've done that too!

Was on the year abstinence, was honest! Told them I had a glass of wine 6 months previously (doh! My stupidity).

They told me I had applied too early and no completed the year.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off