Licence refused, how to prove no alcohol for a year?

Convicted Driver Insurance
Hi Stefi
As others have said you'll be perfectly fine your doing great 👍
Just a heads up and it's all about timing when to re-apply
As HRO your allowed to apply 2 months before your medical but that's tricky with medical revocation as your 12 months sobriety needs to be fulfilled.
Keep an eye closer the time to how quickly the dvla are processing medicals via the forum?
But I would certainly apply 4 weeks prior to your sobriety date you logged with your GP otherwise you won't be driving anywhere near May !
Am I correct in thinking the DVLA won’t ask you to arrange the medical before your 12 month’s abstinence is up?
My last drink date was 31.12.22, I sent my application to them 8 weeks prior to that date, I rang them yesterday and my application is with the medical team.

Am I correct in thinking the DVLA won’t ask you to arrange the medical before your 12 month’s abstinence is up?
My last drink date was 31.12.22, I sent my application to them 8 weeks prior to that date, I rang them yesterday and my application is with the medical team.
I meant I sent my application to them 8 weeks prior to what will be 12 months abstinence.

Yes good point if there not going to make the appointment prior to 12months then yes by all means Stefi should apply 2 months prior
I don’t know if that’s the case. I’m just asking the question- hopefully, someone with more experience than me will know 👍🏻

Hi Stefi
As others have said you'll be perfectly fine your doing great 👍
Just a heads up and it's all about timing when to re-apply
As HRO your allowed to apply 2 months before your medical but that's tricky with medical revocation as your 12 months sobriety needs to be fulfilled.
Keep an eye closer the time to how quickly the dvla are processing medicals via the forum?
But I would certainly apply 4 weeks prior to your sobriety date you logged with your GP otherwise you won't be driving anywhere near May !
Thank you, I wasn't planning on reapplying till after I've had baby, so by the time that comes I should hopefully be able to apply by the end of May or that was my plan.

Thank you, I wasn't planning on reapplying till after I've had baby, so by the time that comes I should hopefully be able to apply by the end of May or that was my plan.
Whatever works for yourself but being HRO medical it's 2-3months wait and sometimes more lots more so applying May licence could be July August and more

Get the wheels rolling early you've done everything expected no point waiting until the date of your 12 month sobriety
Apply 2 months earlier and expect delays.
Applying early you might have the licence just in time for new born

Last edited:
Well I've just waded through the previous messages and what is clear to me is that the DVLA is a joke. Their incompetence is affecting people's lives. They need to get their act together. They expect people to comply with wishy washy requirements. We have paid the penalty for our stupidity by serving our bans. The last thing we need is insult added to injury by the DVLA.

It appears my application has been rejected as when I've checked online it's gone from you were disqualified you can now apply blah blah to just 'you do not have any driving qualifications'

I'm honestly livid. I applied in February this year. Not drank since April 2020.

What hoops am I likely to have to jump through now ?

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off