Licence Issued

Convicted Driver Insurance
No they didnt, only had medical on the 5th December

Im still sat waiting!! had mine on 20th November, its good news the turn around was so quick for you, when is your ban up? How did you find out your license has been issued did you call the DVLA?

Chief80

I take it your medical history is okay and you said 'no' to the HRO doctor's questions?

My opinion is that if you answer 'yes' to anything - it is an automatic referral to the person's GP.

CJ

My ban was up in 2012 just never ever applied for it. They got my bloods on Friday but no paperwork I emailed Tim Burton from the start to prioritise it for me to be fair I never stopped pestering them. Got lost paperwork sent to them this morning via fax and got a call from them an hour later. Bloods were 0.3 and said no to all questions as never had an issue with drinking.

Chief80

I think its fair to say its very much a straight forward process when you have a 'clean' medical background. Alas for me, I have had recorded problems in the past with alcohol misuse so I'm now going through the added issue of the DVLA contacting my GP which can take that bit longer.

CJ

I didnt think I would pass the bloods as I do like a drink but abstained for 32 days before test.

This is good to know chief, i managed 11 weeks without a drop so it will be interesting to see what mine comes back as!

Chief80 - You are right. the lowest i have seen here before is 0.4.

I have abstained for 11 weeks before the appointment, taken milk thistle.. but still got 0.9% CDT level

It's shocking, I'm 40 but only very slightly built I know it affects everyone in different ways but no way was I expecting that result .. 2 and a half hours to go beep beep 🚗

As & when I get re-instated on the road, I'm just going to do a few short 'local' journeys to begin with as it's been almost two years off the road.

CJ

As & when I get re-instated on the road, I'm just going to do a few short 'local' journeys to begin with as it's been almost two years off the road.

CJ
I'm nearly 9 years off the road but it's like riding a bike you don't forget lol

CJ
Got my licence in lockdown 2 so had to wait to get a car was weird at first but then driving a different car is
Plan to build up including motorways & remind myself were the speed traps are / or 30 down to 20
The advice on this forum re getting your licence & insurance both home & car has been superb . Anyone got any questions please ask

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off