LFT tests

Convicted Driver Insurance

Sec882024

I keep seeing LFT s please They do and won’t be excepted in any form or shape while you are going through the process of getting your license back LFTs are like concord they are history. Dvla will not acknowledge them regardless. Yes back in the day not But not for a long time now. So anyone thinks get LTFs done by Dr or even private tests your wasting your time. I spent 10 mins max this morning and my GP in person filled out my new forms with me and told me you can’t prove or disprove abstinence the past 6-12 months. It’s if you go and say Dr I’ve got a drink issue HELP HELP. other than that keep quiet and just give your GP the heads up all is good. From time to time. pet hate on here is LFTs. Please guys let it go they are irrelevant one million percent

I keep seeing LFT s please They do and won’t be excepted in any form or shape while you are going through the process of getting your license back LFTs are like concord they are history. Dvla will not acknowledge them regardless. Yes back in the day not But not for a long time now. So anyone thinks get LTFs done by Dr or even private tests your wasting your time. I spent 10 mins max this morning and my GP in person filled out my new forms with me and told me you can’t prove or disprove abstinence the past 6-12 months. It’s if you go and say Dr I’ve got a drink issue HELP HELP. other than that keep quiet and just give your GP the heads up all is good. From time to time. pet hate on here is LFTs. Please guys let it go they are irrelevant one million percent
When writing to your GP they ask for any test results, they then expect no abnormalities or test results going in the right direction. That is why people get a couple of LFT's over a few months or so.

It's case by case and depending on many factors should LFT's be a route via the GP

Your correct in stating the DVLA wouldn't take them as full proof of abstinence but it definitely builds a picture and someone example long history of Alcohol dependence/misuse would be a useful tool to have in the bag..
As for how long anyone remains under annual medical spotlight then for how many years! is a lottery from reading previous posts.
However whats not to say those with close ties with there GP's including regular LFT's manage to escape the yearly medicals faster ?
Glad you found your own route leave others to make there own formal choice.

During the period of the DD ban, LFTs are crucial if you are a HRO. I would aim for a LFT every 3-4 months. Once you are back on the road and subject to yearly DVLA medicals, there is no necessity to have frequent LFTs done, but I would still encourage people to have one done at least once a year.

CJ

When writing to your GP they ask for any test results, they then expect no abnormalities or test results going in the right direction. That is why people get a couple of LFT's over a few months or so.
Naa mine said no and Dvla said no

It's case by case and depending on many factors should LFT's be a route via the GP

Your correct in stating the DVLA wouldn't take them as full proof of abstinence but it definitely builds a picture and someone example long history of Alcohol dependence/misuse would be a useful tool to have in the bag..
As for how long anyone remains under annual medical spotlight then for how many years! is a lottery from reading previous posts.
However whats not to say those with close ties with there GP's including regular LFT's manage to escape the yearly medicals faster ?
Glad you found your own route leave others to make there own formal choice.
I had them before pal. And Dvla wouldn’t except it refused to take the paper work

Naa mine said no and Dvla said no
No they won't accept paperwork, they ask the GP for results and just have figures on the Dr's forms they send back to DVLA. Many people on here will confirm to you that's what they do, although they won't accept the actual paperwork......

I have maintained contact with my GP surgery since 2019 during my DD ban for regular LFTs and making sure all communication with the DVLA is up to date and I can tell you that I have not escaped the yearly medicals. I am now on my third 12 month licence since my ban ended so having a full blown professional relationship with your GP is not a golden ticket to getting a full driving licence (at least not straight away).

CJ

My GP was requested to provide information about me for Section 1: Question 9 of the DD2 - He wrote down figures from my latest LFT which were ALT, MCV, and ALP.

I have maintained contact with my GP surgery since 2019 during my DD ban for regular LFTs and making sure all communication with the DVLA is up to date and I can tell you that I have not escaped the yearly medicals. I am now on my third 12 month licence since my ban ended so having a full blown professional relationship with your GP is not a golden ticket to getting a full driving licence (at least not straight away).

CJ
Yes I had other bloods and she said there fine but I’m not doing lft I begged for them. But no luck. Have you got a license now CJ

Yes I had other bloods and she said there fine but I’m not doing lft I begged for them. But no luck. Have you got a license now CJ
I have got my full 10 year licence back and it was down to my Gp and having regular LFT done. Its what all doctors use on a weekly basis.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off