Letter to the court

Convicted Driver Insurance

SpearoJay

Hi All I am due in court tomorrow and just wanted to get opinions on the letter I will be reading out really appreciate any feedback
I blew a 51 and have no previous convictions

To the Presiding Magistrate,

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to the court and the police for my actions that have lead to me being here in front of you today.

My behaviour on the evening of the 12th of June was completely irresponsible and I am fully aware of the devastating consequences my actions could have had. I am ashamed to be stood here for committing the offence, which sees me appear before you today.

I have no excuses for my actions, I honestly made one of the biggest mistakes of my life and something that is going to affect me for a long time to come. A silly argument with a loved one and me driving alone for less than a mile from where I was staying is now going to have implications on my life and many others around me.

I use my car to travel to and from work that is based in -------. As a UK national account manager using a car is imperative to my job which requires me to meet customers and attend meetings weekly. This being taken away from is going to impact the way I conduct my work greatly.

My partner lives in --------- and my parents in -------- whom are elderly. Not being able to drive to see them is going to be extremely hard on them as I help to care for and take them for days out.

My partner has a 7-year-old child who I also help with school runs and days out when she is at work so my actions will have implications on her life also.

Before this offense I have no previous convictions with the Police and want to reassure the court that this behaviour is not a true representation of the person that I am. This was a huge mistake that I made which I am sorry for.

I have been driving for over 18 years and knowing that this will be taken away from me today is devastating. I have no previous drink driving convictions and this is an offence I will never commit again.

I would also like to take this opportunity to put myself forward to take the drink driving rehabilitation course as I feel this will allow me to learn further about the implications of my actions.

I would like to state again my sincere apologies for my behaviour and promise the court I will not do this again.

Sincerely

James Finlay

Hi All I am due in court tomorrow and just wanted to get opinions on the letter I will be reading out really appreciate any feedback

Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to the court and the police for my actions that have lead to me being here in front of you today.

My behaviour on the evening of the 12th of June was completely irresponsible and I am fully aware of the devastating consequences my actions could have had. I am ashamed to be stood here for committing the offence, which sees me appear before you today.

I have no excuses for my actions, I honestly made one of the biggest mistakes of my life and something that is going to affect me for a long time to come. A silly argument with a loved one and me driving alone for less than a mile from where I was staying is now going to have implications on my life and many others around me.

I use my car to travel to and from work that is based in -------. As a UK national account manager using a car is imperative to my job which requires me to meet customers and attend meetings weekly. This being taken away from is going to impact the way I conduct my work greatly.

My partner lives in --------- and my parents in -------- whom are elderly. Not being able to drive to see them is going to be extremely hard on them as I help to care for and take them for days out.

My partner has a 7-year-old child who I also help with school runs and days out when she is at work so my actions will have implications on her life also.

Before this offense I have no previous convictions with the Police and want to reassure the court that this behaviour is not a true representation of the person that I am. This was a huge mistake that I made which I am sorry for.

I have been driving for over 18 years and knowing that this will be taken away from me today is devastating. I have no previous drink driving convictions and this is an offence I will never commit again.

I would also like to take this opportunity to put myself forward to take the drink driving rehabilitation course as I feel this will allow me to learn further about the implications of my actions.

I would like to state again my sincere apologies for my behaviour and promise the court I will not do this again.

Sincerely

James Finlay
Sounds good to me. I had 112 so…your is not very serious.

I would suggest that you do not mention where your work is based, nor where any of your family live. You can say how far away they are but do not be specific. The reason for this is that if the press decide to report your case, they would forward details of the case to the local papers for any area mentioned in court as a “human interest” story.
Also if it is 2 or 3 magistrates, address them as “your worships”, not the Presiding Magistrate. if it is one (a district Judge) address him / her as Sir or Madam.
other than that it is fine.

Sincerely

James Finlay

I second price here and completely advise against mentioning your place of work in court or the whereabouts of your family.

The bigger the story the more interesting to the court reporter. Finance manager with (firm) caught drink driving makes for a more interesting read than man caught with a breath reading of 54. Your place of work will work with you, but may not work with negative press.

Hi Just to update as I had my day in court today.
So I blew a 51 as stated above. I have been banned for 12 months and can also do the course bringing this down to 9 months
My fine was £550
I feel happy it is all over now and that I was lucky to not get a longer ban
Thanks

Hi Just to update as I had my day in court today.
So I blew a 51 as stated above. I have been banned for 12 months and can also do the course bringing this down to 9 months
My fine was £550
I feel happy it is all over now and that I was lucky to not get a longer ban
Thanks

Good outcome mate, all the best. 9 months will fly in.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off