Lack of blood empty blood vial containers.

Convicted Driver Insurance

stu12341234

Established Member
Hi,

A family member received a text stating =

"Due to a national shortage of blood test bottles, all routine/non-urgent blood tests are suspended until further notice. Please delay requesting a routine/non-urgent blood tests unless advised by the Surgery or GP. If you have a blood test appointment we will advise you if it has been cancelled. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause".

This has nothing on their part due too DD or any offence, just a blood test as a health check.

Just passing on what I have learnt.

Regards,

Stu

Hi,

A family member received a text stating =

"Due to a national shortage of blood test bottles, all routine/non-urgent blood tests are suspended until further notice. Please delay requesting a routine/non-urgent blood tests unless advised by the Surgery or GP. If you have a blood test appointment we will advise you if it has been cancelled. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause".

This has nothing on their part due too DD or any offence, just a blood test as a health check.

Just passing on what I have learnt.

Regards,

Stu

Stu

I commented on this on another thread.

If there are any HRO's serving a drink driving ban who need to take a medical and show evidence of sobriety, I would suggest contacting their respective GP's and asking the GP to make an entry on the patient's medical notes to highlight this issue.

I would anticipate the DVLA medical team are aware of this, but again if I was presently serving a ban, I would be eager to ring them and again get something documented on my DVLA file.

The DVLA should be making allowances to accommodate this problem that might be an issue for the next few months. However, best practice is for anyone unable to get a LFT to ensure the reasons are highlighted in black and white.

CJ

I read (can't recall where, apologies) that this issue will be resolved by mid - September. Stocks should be back to near normal apparently.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off