Just put of court

Convicted Driver Insurance
Let me tell you I'm 10 mins out of my hearing .

12 month ban £225 fine and option for the course

But. The relief is phenomenol. ...

I have been 3 weeks not sleeping or eating and spent hours on here reading etc..

So my advice .try chill .it is what it is its 10 minutes max then you can breathe again..

I feel reborn and relieved now and can move forward
But a big lesson learned .. never again

Blew 44 .
Good mitigation and excellent solicitor . But i watched the duty solicitors and they go into a private room and were in there for a good 15 to 20 mins discussing .. my private solicitor acts as a duty solicitor too .. .

I'm sooo tired now need sleep

Reactions: TPR
Decent result, thanks for letting us know.
You are right about the duty solicitor, they are not ‘second best’, some days they are the duty solicitor, some days they are doing paid work. The only draw back with the duty solicitor is that you cannot have a pre court day discussion with them….. and their services are not guaranteed for drink driving cases, it depends on their availability on the day.

Decent result, thanks for letting us know.
You are right about the duty solicitor, they are not ‘second best’, some days they are the duty solicitor, some days they are doing paid work. The only draw back with the duty solicitor is that you cannot have a pre court day discussion with them….. and their services are not guaranteed for drink driving cases, it depends on their availability on the day.
Yes I needed pre court chat as I have anxiety but I'm "fortunate" that I qualify for legal aid .. I would in future not worry about using a duty solicitor ..but if course never ever again will I let it happen..
The clerk of court was nice no one was judgemental everyone else accused is too involved in their own issue to notice you ..
I did go suited n booted and it was commented on as a respectful thing by the magistrate .... only advantage I think of my own solicitor is I went in first .. because he needs releasing from conduct his other business for the day .duty solicitor there all day .

It hit me an hour after home and I've slept like a log for a while. Need it .

But I feel like I'm breathing again if that makes sense yes no car it's sorn yes a fine yes slight inconvenience but relief ..and of course only myself to blame .

Oh footnote ..
I walked to court as its not far . Of course used to go to town in car walking took longer than I thought !! But I'd given myself extra 20 mins .. so maybe do a recce one day if you walking time it .. double check bus or taxi .. as 2 folk were late and got tore a strip off saying police were nearly on their way to get them. Which of course 1. Doesn't bode well 2 gets you very flustered .

There was no water fountain. My mouth was dry as hell so I'd suggest take a small bottle of water to sip when waiting . . Plus u r able to see in the court b4 it starts . It eases your worry .. just ask .

To me never b4 in trouble it was a worry the build up but was ok in the end ..
There were tracksuits disrespectful chavs there that I guess treat it as a second home and they didn't seem phased .. my solicitor said hi to 2 of them by name ! . Just go smart go in keep your head down when waiting n u b in and out before you know it

Yes I needed pre court chat as I have anxiety but I'm "fortunate" that I qualify for legal aid .. I would in future not worry about using a duty solicitor ..but if course never ever again will I let it happen..
The clerk of court was nice no one was judgemental everyone else accused is too involved in their own issue to notice you ..
I did go suited n booted and it was commented on as a respectful thing by the magistrate .... only advantage I think of my own solicitor is I went in first .. because he needs releasing from conduct his other business for the day .duty solicitor there all day .

It hit me an hour after home and I've slept like a log for a while. Need it .

But I feel like I'm breathing again if that makes sense yes no car it's sorn yes a fine yes slight inconvenience but relief ..and of course only myself to blame .

Oh footnote ..
I walked to court as its not far . Of course used to go to town in car walking took longer than I thought !! But I'd given myself extra 20 mins .. so maybe do a recce one day if you walking time it .. double check bus or taxi .. as 2 folk were late and got tore a strip off saying police were nearly on their way to get them. Which of course 1. Doesn't bode well 2 gets you very flustered .

There was no water fountain. My mouth was dry as hell so I'd suggest take a small bottle of water to sip when waiting . . Plus u r able to see in the court b4 it starts . It eases your worry .. just ask .

To me never b4 in trouble it was a worry the build up but was ok in the end ..
There were tracksuits disrespectful chavs there that I guess treat it as a second home and they didn't seem phased .. my solicitor said hi to 2 of them by name ! . Just go smart go in keep your head down when waiting n u b in and out before you know it
When giving me directions to the local magistrates court the desk sergeant said "Don't worry, you will spot it easily, just look for the building surrounded by hoody wearing scrotes" o_O:)

Let me tell you I'm 10 mins out of my hearing .

12 month ban £225 fine and option for the course

But. The relief is phenomenol. ...

I have been 3 weeks not sleeping or eating and spent hours on here reading etc..

So my advice .try chill .it is what it is its 10 minutes max then you can breathe again..

I feel reborn and relieved now and can move forward
But a big lesson learned .. never again

hiya
This is a great outcome considering

I was caught three weeks ago and my anxiety is causing sleepless nights etc
I just swing from crying to anger all day every day ..

Im due in court next week and I break down just thinking about it

did you write a letter to the judge ? Or take character references?

hiya
This is a great outcome considering

I was caught three weeks ago and my anxiety is causing sleepless nights etc
I just swing from crying to anger all day every day ..

Im due in court next week and I break down just thinking about it

did you write a letter to the judge ? Or take character references?
Hya . I had 2 character references. And I wrote a letter . Short n to the point showing remorse

Ta.
A month on now and it went fast . Its not soooo bad saves me spending too much at shops cos I have to carry it all home 🙃

Yes indeed - once I’d finish moping about and quit drinking for good I have never been so fit after all the walking about! Been back on the road almost 2 years now and still probably two stone lighter than when I crashed the car :)

Hya . I had 2 character references. And I wrote a letter . Short n to the point showing remorse
did they read your refs? was it family? i am thinking of handwriting my letter- got a wrist injury so it hurts less than typing and i have a decent handwriting…

did they read your refs? was it family? i am thinking of handwriting my letter- got a wrist injury so it hurts less than typing and i have a decent handwriting…
Yes they read everything very thorough ..
One from my best friend who's a teacher and my 86 year old mother wrote as I'm her full time carer
And a letter from me accepting my responsibility and apologising to the court ..

Forthright.. no . It was this or because of that .. or I wasn't aware you need to accept it .its black and white

None of them rambling or refering to the incident or asking for an outcome
Just a pure character reference and highlighting my

Yes they read everything very thorough ..
One from my best friend who's a teacher and my 86 year old mother wrote as I'm her full time carer
And a letter from me accepting my responsibility and apologising to the court ..

Forthright.. no . It was this or because of that .. or I wasn't aware you need to accept it .its black and white

None of them rambling or refering to the incident or asking for an outcome
Just a pure character reference and highlighting my
thanks for getting back- i blew 83- crashed my car so i’m quite anxious i’ll need a lawyer- but due to costs i should just represent myself. Definitely remorseful and 100% never again already. so i think i’ll have my letters- my own apology and just hope for best. i hope i can just talk without crying through the whole thing

thanks for getting back- i blew 83- crashed my car so i’m quite anxious i’ll need a lawyer- but due to costs i should just represent myself. Definitely remorseful and 100% never again already. so i think i’ll have my letters- my own apology and just hope for best. i hope i can just talk without crying through the whole thing
Just go with the duty solicitor on tbe day I blew similar used the duty on the day done a great job. Try not to worry honestly will be over before you know it .I got 18 month ban and a fine x

Just go with the duty solicitor on tbe day I blew similar used the duty on the day done a great job. Try not to worry honestly will be over before you know it .I got 18 month ban and a fine x
thanks!!! did u have aggravating features? x

You crashed your car but no other cars involved ?...id imagine 18 months it's pretty much written in stone the scales .
Use the duty solicitor
Deffo wear a suit smart attire show respect to the court .
You actually at my court are in a glass box so feel quite removed from proceedings not like on TV ..
Crying is natural .shows remorse . So don't worry on that front. U may find with duty solicitor all you have to do is say your name and address and a few yes and no to confirm you understand when the magistrates direct their sentencing to you .. its scary no denying it they are very serious and you feel.like a child being told off so be prepared for that.. but we find wrong so take it on the chin

You crashed your car but no other cars involved ?...id imagine 18 months it's pretty much written in stone the scales .
Use the duty solicitor
Deffo wear a suit smart attire show respect to the court .
You actually at my court are in a glass box so feel quite removed from proceedings not like on TV ..
Crying is natural .shows remorse . So don't worry on that front. U may find with duty solicitor all you have to do is say your name and address and a few yes and no to confirm you understand when the magistrates direct their sentencing to you .. its scary no denying it they are very serious and you feel.like a child being told off so be prepared for that.. but we find wrong so take it on the chin
i crashed into a parked car :( so not just my car but i done the right thing and sorting insurance etc- i just grazed it’s side nothing major but my car flipped! god knows how- lucky to be alive reallly.

Oh and that's a key word. Remorse ...
Show you've learnt your lesson .

Truly the build up and head F#£k and constant thoughts moving toward your court date is the worst.. the actual day is over fast .. and it feels so surreal so once you're prepared and planned try to forget it no more you can do til the day .

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off