just got back from court

Convicted Driver Insurance

stupid lad

hi, i have just been to court for drink driving. i had an argument with my girlfriend and stormed out of the house and into my car which was the worst decision i have ever done. i got pulled over and breathalized which failed i got arrested and got breathalized at the station first reading was 71 and the second reading was 67 they take your lowest score, so after paying my solisitor 300 pound and paying the dvla 130 pound to take my private plate off my car which im now have to sell, so been to court today and got an 18 month ban with a choice to do the rehab course which i am going to do and costs 195 pound on top of the court costs which was 165 pounds.luckly my boss is understanding and i have kept my job if i had of lost it i would of lost my home which i just bought 11 months ago. but there was people at court today that lost there job through drink driving.

so the question i need to ask is how many months will the rehab knock off my ban?

Hi

I have just back from court as well. I got 12 month ban plus the chance to do the course which they told me would take a third off the ban, so I am looking at 9 months. They also fined me £675. Thats something I never want to go through again.

hi, i have just been to court for drink driving. i had an argument with my girlfriend and stormed out of the house and into my car which was the worst decision i have ever done. i got pulled over and breathalized which failed i got arrested and got breathalized at the station first reading was 71 and the second reading was 67 they take your lowest score, so after paying my solisitor 300 pound and paying the dvla 130 pound to take my private plate off my car which im now have to sell, so been to court today and got an 18 month ban with a choice to do the rehab course which i am going to do and costs 195 pound on top of the court costs which was 165 pounds.luckly my boss is understanding and i have kept my job if i had of lost it i would of lost my home which i just bought 11 months ago. but there was people at court today that lost there job through drink driving.

so the question i need to ask is how many months will the rehab knock off my ban?

The drink driving rehabilitation course usually reduces any disqualification imposed by up to 25%. So for a 12 month ban, it would reduce the ban by 3 months meaning you would be disqualified for 9 months.

Last edited:
how much were you over the limit? i was hoping i got 12 months then reduced to 9. so does that mean with the rehab course i will go down to 14 months or 12 months thanks

how much were you over the limit? i was hoping i got 12 months then reduced to 9. so does that mean with the rehab course i will go down to 14 months or 12 months thanks

With the rehabilitation course, your ban should be reduced to 14 (13.5) months.

Did you not receive information from the court regarding this on the day? You should have been given information detailing when you need to successfully complete the course by and the amount of time your disqualification will be reduced by on successful completion of the course, perhaps it is in the post. Either way, you should received information from your local course provider in due course.

thanks for the replys, in court they didnt really make it clear and my solisitor was a waste of space she stayed inside the court when it ended so i didnt get the answers i needed, luckly for me i have this site so thanks again for your replys all they said was the information will be in the post.

When I got the info for my dvla course basically they give you an option of where these courses are run in and around your area. You have to have the course completed quite a few months before your ban is up i think I had to have mine done within the first 9 months. Just get it over and done with. I done mine three mondays on the trot but I could have done it over 6 evening classes. It all adds up to the same amount of hours.

Hope this helps.

I agree with Stupid. I got 20 months ban, the course takes off 5 months. Fined £558. It is an experience I NEVER EVER want to go through again.

Hi

I have just back from court as well. I got 12 month ban plus the chance to do the course which they told me would take a third off the ban, so I am looking at 9 months. They also fined me £675. Thats something I never want to go through again.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off