Just been caught

Convicted Driver Insurance

robm

Hi

Advice needed guys
My son (20 year old student) hit a wall writing his car and the wall off, at roadside blew 63 was takien to hospital with his injuries (broke his foot) was asked for a blood sample by the police, this was taken 2 and half hours after his roadside test.

My questions are

is the reading likely to drop much
wot is the likely outcome

it his 1st offence and never been in trouble before

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Rob..

Hi

Advice needed guys
My son (20 year old student) hit a wall writing his car and the wall off, at roadside blew 63 was takien to hospital with his injuries (broke his foot) was asked for a blood sample by the police, this was taken 2 and half hours after his roadside test.

My questions are

is the reading likely to drop much
wot is the likely outcome

it his 1st offence and never been in trouble before

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Rob..

Hi Rob,

Sentencing guidelines suggest a 17 - 22 month driving ban and a fine if convicted. How much the BAC (blood alcohol content) will have dropped from when your son was breathalysed at the road side until he was blood tested is impossible to say. In some cases experts are used to back calculate a suspects BAC level at the time of the alleged offence, as opposed to just using the BAC level at the time of testing.

The fact your son was involved in an accident indicates that a greater degree of harm and risk was posed to the general public and can only go towards increasing any sentence that is given. I think your son was lucky in the respect that he only collided with a wall and received minor injuries.

Last edited:
Sounds like what I done

Crashed into a wall took the whole wall down & wrote it off the car - 2009 plate mini cooper s (£18000+)

The outcome was 24 month ban, £300 fine so far .. still unclear whether I get my licence back or not

My reading was 108 :(

it was a one off mistake & never normally drink
Im still regretting it to this day
& need to pay for the car to be replaced & also the wall

If I could give any advice to young people going to clubs or out with friends drinking is give keys to parents so no way of you getting hold of them .. I wouldnt normally of done this but cant remember doing it

good luck with everything

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off