I've waited 2-3 months to send back my renewal form..

Convicted Driver Insurance

toffifee

Dear all, I am new to posting on this forum - hello :) I have found it a most useful (and comforting) resource while I have learned to deal with (and mentally recover from) the terrible mistake that binds us all.
My ban was up on May 12th this year (it's now July). Although I do want my licence back even if I don't plan to drive immediately, I have neither completed nor posted the form that the DVLA sent me, because of, well, self-punishment (I hope you can all understand this and I am not trying to play the victim). I've been very hard on myself (quite rightly too, I feel, but my friends and family are encouraging me to get my licence back). I have sifted this forum and wanted to ask if anyone can clarify the following: can I still fill in, and send, the D27PH form they sent me in April, or have I messed up by burying my head in the sand (and need to apply like a brand new learner)?
I thank anyone who can help/advise - this forum is wonderful.

You can get a D1 from the post office but there is nothing to stop you using the D27, it is not time sensitive

Hi, thank you both so much for your replies. I really appreciate them! I got it into my head that there was a fixed window. I will use the form that they sent me.
Best wishes.

Enter code DRINKDRIVING10 during checkout for 10% off